This is Lebanese singer Mike Massy’s second CD and here he is joined by Marcel Khalife’s nephews Sary and Ayad. This is a departure from his first CD in that it is in classical Arabic and weaves old musical traditions from the East and the West in new, innovative ways. Naseej refers to a woven work.
1. Ya Mijana – Traditional Mawwal folkloric chant weaved in a new way.
2. Rouhmak Ya Allah – Prayer to God, mixing Christian and Muslim chants with Baroque music.
3. Gharabat Choumous Al Talaki – Medieval song with falsetto voice mixed with strings. Based on poem by Al-Musawi.
4. **Ya Nassim Al Rih – Poem by Sufi poet Al Hallaj, remade as a ballad.
5. Safar – Instrumental track; upbeat.
6. **Ajibtou Minka Wa Minni – Grand duet with Fadia Tomb El-Hage.
7. Lawhat Al Ors – Traditional wedding chants resurrected and woven into a rich musical tapestry.
8. Naseej – Instrumental; Virtuosity; no lyrics but amazing vocal acrobatics.
9. Salat Taghour – Philosophical poem, made up of one verse “Oh Lord if you grace me with me with wealth, don’t take away my happiness..”
10. **Ya Nassim Al Rih (Unplugged) – Different version of track 4 above.
**Best tracks 4, 6, 10