|Pale Honey / Pale Honey|
|Add Date:||2015-05-22||Pull Date:||2015-07-24|
|Week Ending:||26 Jul||19 Jul||12 Jul||5 Jul||28 Jun||21 Jun||14 Jun||7 Jun|
|1.||Sat, 01 Aug 15:||The DJ Formerly Known as . . .|
Mix Tape: Music/Interviews
|4.||Mon, 20 Jul 15:||Pixel|
|2.||Sat, 25 Jul 15:||The DJ Formerly Known as . . .|
|5.||Sat, 18 Jul 15:||BravoMarco|
BravoMarco Variety Show
|3.||Tue, 21 Jul 15:||Mister Esquire|
Meow After Midnight
|6.||Sun, 12 Jul 15:||Mister Esquire|
Reviewed by BravoMarco
Debut LP release by this Swedish female duo. Unpretentious indie pop. Lo Fi-ish with hard rockin’ tendencies. The future is in pretty good hands with releases like this. Big things to come for these girls from Gothenburg. (Lyrics in English)
Influenced by (it seems): PJ Harvey, Garbage, The Sugarcubes, Kristin Hersh …
Perfect for festival season & for KZSU. Good stuff.
Play them all. In particular: 3,5,8,10
1) Over Your Head (3.27) Intriguing melody that gets a bit synthy.
2) Fish (2.37) Strong mid paced track, soulful with that extra kick.
3) Youth (2.53) The obvious single release & a real belter. Quiet tones with an infectious beat & harder chorus. Sultry vocals add to this tour de force.
4) Bandolier (4.23) Moodier sound with a grungy feel for a chorus.
5) Lonesome (3.27) 60’s style head nodder. Gets a bit spacey.
6) Fiction (2.51) Like the strained vocals on this. Simple mid paced beat.
7) Desert (4.47) Dreamy setting, still with a punch behind it. Bit busy.
8) Tease (3.06) Late 80’s-90’s quality about this one – with added laser power.
9) 0100 (4.28) Slower paced, easy breezy pop.
10) Sleep (5.19) Hazey & infectious, with lovely accompaniment. The softer side.
|1.||Over Your Head||6.||Fiction|