We Jam By Condos is a compilation of underground bands from Austin, Texas. This is an eclectic group of musicians that seem to adhere well and present a solid representation of one of the most fertile and interesting music scenes in United Stated right now. From punk to electronic to goth to no wave, it’s all here. Play it!!
RIYL: Casual Victim Pile I & II, and also Bring Beer compilations.
1. (3:09) **Plants by Ghetto Ghouls – FCC (fucking). Intense intro track with no wave repetitive guitars, catchy chorus and killer lyrics.
2. (2:05) *Creepers by Spray Paint – A contained slower treatment of their trademark loud no wave-punk sound, this track complements their catalog well. My favorite Austin band.
3. (4:17) **Judy by Hidden Ritual – Imaging a song with instrumentation similar to The Feelies circa Crazy Rhythms and performed by a younger Alan Vega. One of my favorite tracks!
4. (4:16) End of the Chain by Soft Healer – A true psychedelic tune with hypnotic guitars and entrancing ending.
5. (3:50) *Relays by S U R V I V E – Synthesizer driven instrumental track heavily influenced by early1980’s electro pop music. Wistful.
6. (2:47) **Bike Lane by Shit & Shine – Another synth based instrumental track that could have been from the eighties. This one seems more playful.
7. (4:58) *Destrucción by Troller – Darkwave track with lyrics in Spanish. Oscuridad mutua.
8. (2:43)**World Grease by Massageinist – Goth meets punk. Mesmerizing track.
9. (2:32) *On Rails by Empty Markets – FCC (fucked up). Solid punker.
10. (1:10) **Punishment Capital by Breakout – FCC (shit?). Hardcore punk track with all the right elements.
11. (2:53) I saw you in a Dream by Aunt's Analog – Experimental noise track that seems to fade away too fast. More buttons on gadgets, please.