|Prefab Messiahs / Keep Your Stupid Dreams Alive|
|Album:||Keep Your Stupid Dreams Alive||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2015-05-29||Pull Date:||2015-07-31|
|Week Ending:||2 Aug||26 Jul||19 Jul||12 Jul||5 Jul||28 Jun||21 Jun||14 Jun|
|1.||Sun, 13 Mar 16:||Waves Warbler|
|4.||Mon, 03 Aug 15:||Waves|
|2.||Mon, 31 Aug 15:||Waves|
Breakaway Year 1000, 8000
|5.||Sat, 01 Aug 15:||The DJ Formerly Known as . . .|
Mix Tape: Music/Interviews
|3.||Sat, 08 Aug 15:||The DJ Formerly Known as . . .|
Mix Tape: All Fakakta
|6.||Fri, 31 Jul 15:||Waves|
Post-Punky - Psychey-'60s-style Garage-Poppy-Goofy weirdos who had some great underground recordings in the early '80s, return on Burger Records after 30 years! (SERIOUSLY: check out the Peace Love & Alienation album rerelease from a few years ago... so frickin great) They haven't lost their humor and their weirdness, and there is plenty of cool goofy and spacey sounds here. That's great that they're back doing stuff--|
RIYL: Jonathan Richman, Beatles, B-52s, Doors, Oh Sees, Television Personalities
1. (2:51) *** Slinky beat, psychey soup, with goofy Monty Python-esque talking.
2. (2:46) ** Gits are thrashin, "hey hey hey", tribute to weirdos.
3. (2:33) ** Tenuous psychey snotty; cool warpy synth solo--
4. (3:18) *** It's about college radio. Rocker with more warpo-sounds with plenty of lyrics to latch onto.
5. (3:12) **** Crispy guitar slides into warpy organ psyche super reverb. Cool hooks; about "Bourgeois Sally"
6. (3:12) **** Whiney tape sound to start, straightahead rocking, insistent beat. Hypnotic.
7. (2:44) *** Sunshiney warm sounds-- motivational optimistic mantra through hazy warpy wisps. Ramps up at end with "hup hup hup" chanting, very goofy and Beatlesesque
8. (0:29) Just a small bookend.
|2.||Weirdoz Everywhere||6.||Bobb's Psychedelic Car|
|3.||Orange Room||7.||Keep Your Stupid Dreams Alive|
|4.||College Radio||8.||Prefab Flashing|