|Conflict (U.S.) / Last Hour|
|Artist:||Conflict (U.S.)||Added:||May 2015|
|Label:||Puke 'n' Vomit Records|
|Add Date:||2016-04-25||Pull Date:||2016-06-26||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||Jun 26||Jun 5||May 29||May 22||May 15||May 8||May 1|
|1.||May 30, 2017:||Magnetized Toner |
|4.||Jun 04, 2016:||BravoMarco Variety Show |
|2.||Jun 25, 2016:||Music Casserole |
|5.||Jun 01, 2016:||Brownian Motion |
|3.||Jun 04, 2016:||Ghost Trees |
|6.||May 25, 2016:||Brownian Motion |
This is the reissue of Tucson’s Conflict’s (U.S.) only album Last Hour, originally released in1983. It is considered by many a masterpiece of hardcore punk and a key influence on the straight edge punk movement. Last Hour is also a rarity since a woman, K Nurse, was both the vocalist and main lyricist - something unheard of at the time in the then-new American hardcore punk scene. The killer guitar riffs and noises are courtesy of a 19-year-old musician named Bill Cuevas. This reissue comes with an extraordinary and well-edited booklet that includes pictures, some short essays, and reproductions of flyers from the band’s collection. |
RIYL: Civil Death, Black Flag, Jodie Foster's Army, Subhumans and Sin 34.
FCC WARNING: 1, 3, 8, 11, 12,14
Recommended Tracks: 1 (FCC), 2, 4, 5, 9, 11 (FCC), 12 (FCC) and 13
1. (1:35) *Fester – FCC (Fuck). Stellar opener. Upbeat tempo track with pursuasive guitar riff and clever pedal effects towards the end.
2. (1:46) **Listen to the News – Intense upbeat punker. Urgent words and fast chords.
3. (1:23) Bad Idea – FCC (Bullshit, fucked up). Loud and affirmative. Upbeat recording.
4. (1:06) *Nails From the Sky – Intense and fast excursion into early 1980’s reality. Entrancing.
5. (2:49) **It's Easy – Upbeat punker with killer guitar riff and intense lyrics.
6. (1:57) *Not Guilty – Another intense track with slow-fast tempo changes. Direct.
7. (1:01) **Last Hour – Astounding composition, loud, fast and unstoppable.
8. (1:29) I Don't Kill – FCC (Fuck). Upbeat and powerful. Fuck conformity!
9. (1:48) *Crawl Away – Solid guitar riff here. Keep the energy going.
10. (2:16) **Itai – Hardcore sounds with lyrics in Japanese and English.
11. (1:27) *Human Cargo – FCC (fuck). Short punker with sharp guitars.
12. (1:09) *Living Off Mom – FCC (fucked up). Another loud recording filled with rage and unconformity.
13. (2:32) **American Woman – Impressive cover of The Guess Who’s classic. This one has balls.
14. (2:00) You Choose – FCC (fuck). Existential punk quest. Your choice.
|1.||Fester||8.||I Don't Kill|
|2.||Listen To The News||9.||Crawl Away|
|4.||Nails From The Sky||11.||Human Cargo|
|5.||It's Easy||12.||Living Off Mom|
|6.||Not Guilty||13.||American Woman|
|7.||Last Hour||14.||You Choose|