|Cook, Jesse / One World|
|Label:||Coach House Records, Inc.|
|Add Date:||2015-06-26||Pull Date:||2015-08-28||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||30 Aug||23 Aug||9 Aug||2 Aug||26 Jul||5 Jul||28 Jun|
|1.||Jun 26, 2021:||Music Casserole (rebroadcast from Aug 8, 2015) |
|4.||Oct 31, 2015:||Halloween Jambore |
When Night Falls, Taxi Brazil, Shake
|2.||Jun 19, 2021:||Music Casserole (rebroadcast from Aug 1, 2015) |
|5.||Aug 26, 2015:||8-26-2015 |
Steampunk Rickshaw, Shake
|3.||May 15, 2021:||Rebroadcast: Music Casserole |
|6.||Aug 20, 2015:||Clean Copper Radio |
Jesse Cook is a Canadian acoustic guitarist who mixes influences form different parts of the world, especially Gypsy Kings, Flamenco music. “Neuvo Flamenco”|
is a label that some use to describe his music. His music is featured on TV shows and in Olympic Games. One of this music tracks inspired a well-known Bollywood song!
Try 1, 2, 7, 9, 11
1. Shake starts off in catchy Gypsy Kings sort of a way &
midway morphs into a little different.
2. Taxi Brazil makes for an interesting listen. Pleasant.
3. Once starts slow & stays that way.
4. Bombay Slam - starts off with an Arabic sounding beat & kind of stays that way. I was left searching for Bombay’s influence. Oh! It was the Sitar.
5. To Your Shore - Gypsy King-ish with Cooke’s own spin. Slow.
6. Three Days sounds romantic. Slow.
7. Tommy & Me ft. Tommy Emmanuel. Charming/pleasant.
8. When Night Falls - slow & romantic, pleasant track.
9.Steampunk Rickshaw - Again there is that Middle Eastern-ish influence. Here I was thinking of Steampunk & Rickshaw will have an Asian edge to it! Makes for an interesting listen + the title adds to the tracks’s appeal.
10. Beneath Your Skin - slow.
11. Breath - has an air of suspense. Slow track that gradually builds up.
Kamla June 2015
|2.||Taxi Brazil||7.||Tommy And Me|
|3.||Once||8.||When Night Falls|
|4.||Bombay Slam||9.||Steampunk Rickshaw|
|5.||To Your Shore||10.||Beneath Your Skin|