First album from SF based new-wave post-punk foursome. Melancholic, dark, synthy and like a trip to the 80s. Ranges from brooding moody to lightly upbeat but not quite danceable synth pop. RIYL: early Cure, Joy Division
Recommended: 6, 3, 4
FCCs: 2, 8
1. mid-slow, dark heavy bass and deep vox
2. FCC! fucking - melancholic slow build up to crescendo
3. dancey pop stylings reminiscent of Cure, changes pace to slower bass driven
4. gloomy, deep vocs, high pitched synth line. fade outma
5. mid-slow title is an obvious nod to Twin Peaks. slow start, haunting melodies and breathy voices evoke flashing neon lights and smoked filled rooms in darkened bars
6. slow, softer, shimmery and more introspective. synthy ether.
7. fade in, swishy start, build up 40 secs in, droney synth
8. FCC! fucking earnest, smokey, dark regret laced song, forlorn
9. synthy, softer, introspective and dragging and anguished
10. dancier, more upbeat poppy synth. digitized faint beeps.