|Torres / Sprinter|
|Add Date:||2015-06-12||Pull Date:||2015-08-14|
|Week Ending:||16 Aug||2 Aug||26 Jul||19 Jul||12 Jul||5 Jul||28 Jun||21 Jun|
|1.||May 18, 2017:||night tapes #5 |
|4.||Aug 11, 2015:||Meow |
|2.||May 04, 2017:||night tapes #3 |
|5.||Jul 29, 2015:||ZoëRadio |
|3.||Aug 12, 2015:||ZoëRadio |
|6.||Jul 24, 2015:||Time Traveler |
This is the debut record from Torres. Torres is Mackenzie Scott and she is based in Brooklyn. When you think of this record, think early 90s PJ Harvey with a little added synth. It took me a couple listens, but now I am totally hooked and will admit that I have been holding it captive in my car and that is why I am late adding it (sorry!!). Hope this one hits the charts here as hard as I think it will.|
FCC: Track 3
Recommended Tracks: **1**, **2**, 4, 5, 6
1. (3:55) Strange Hellos - Dark, driving, creepy, and amazing.
2. (5:16) New Skin - A softer edge, heartbreaking, another amazing track.
3. FCC FUCK,SHIT (4:28) Son, You Are No Island - FCCs, and not a total loss, kinda my least favorite.
4. (5:05) A Proper Polish Welcome - Down tempo, very very pretty.
5. (4:45) Sprinter - Back to the electric guitars and synth, great melody, one of my favorites.
6. (2:49) Cowboy Guilt - Reminds me a little of tuneyards…quirky and also awesome.
7. (7:02) Ferris Wheel - Beautiful, distant, mellow.
8. (4:08) The Harshest Light - Slow build into big and urgent lyrics.
9. (7:48) The Exchange - Vocals only for the first couple of minutes, and then only tonal accompaniment.
|2.||New Skin||6.||Cowboy Guilt|
|3.||Son, You Are No Island||7.||Ferris Wheel|
|4.||A Proper Polish Welcome||8.||The Harshest Light|