|Midival Punditz / Light|
|Label:||Six Degrees Records|
|Add Date:||2015-06-26||Pull Date:||2015-08-28||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||30 Aug||23 Aug||16 Aug||9 Aug||2 Aug||26 Jul||19 Jul||12 Jul|
|1.||Aug 25, 2015:||In Your Ear Radio |
Laagee, Nadia, Baanwarey
|4.||Aug 18, 2015:||It's Bollywood, It's Hollywood |
|2.||Aug 25, 2015:||It's Bollywood, It's Hollywood |
|5.||Aug 11, 2015:||In Your Ear Radio |
|3.||Aug 18, 2015:||In Your Ear Radio | Early Special Edition |
|6.||Aug 11, 2015:||It's Bollywood, It's Hollywood |
Think of Midival Punditz of India as "electronic innovators." Gaurav Rana & Tapan Raj started their electronica group in 1997.
All songs in this album "Light" average around 6 minutes or so. The album fuses electronic with roots/folk and traditional music of India. Each track in infused with different musical influences that makes for an eclectic listening.
Try 2,4,5, 8, 9
1. Run builds up in a slow & relentless manner. Electronic heavy.
***2. High-energy track that fuses Kulti Khan, a root's musician from Rajasthan's voice with electronica.
3. Nadia means sea.Combines folk & electronic elements. Starts off with a nice percussion beat then the guitars come. Malini Awasti's powerful voice kicks in followed by Papon's. Track showcases the strengths of Midival Punditz ability to fuse diff sounds.
***4. Starts off very quiet & picks up steam - the notes rush in. Rushing is the title of this aptly named track.
***5. Beautiful mix of Malani Awasti's vocals with Ajay Prasanna's brilliant flute.
6. Electronica heavy with vocals.
7. Maya combines electronica & Indian traditional & folk vocals in an appealing manner. Softer sounding electronica track.
8. The mix of guitar & Indian percussion works in a unique way.
9. Vocals in English. Melodic. Soulful.
Kamla June 2015
|9.||Don't Let Go|