Think of Midival Punditz of India as "electronic innovators." Gaurav Rana & Tapan Raj started their electronica group in 1997.
All songs in this album "Light" average around 6 minutes or so. The album fuses electronic with roots/folk and traditional music of India. Each track in infused with different musical influences that makes for an eclectic listening.
Try 2,4,5, 8, 9
1. Run builds up in a slow & relentless manner. Electronic heavy.
***2. High-energy track that fuses Kulti Khan, a root's musician from Rajasthan's voice with electronica.
3. Nadia means sea.Combines folk & electronic elements. Starts off with a nice percussion beat then the guitars come. Malini Awasti's powerful voice kicks in followed by Papon's. Track showcases the strengths of Midival Punditz ability to fuse diff sounds.
***4. Starts off very quiet & picks up steam - the notes rush in. Rushing is the title of this aptly named track.
***5. Beautiful mix of Malani Awasti's vocals with Ajay Prasanna's brilliant flute.
6. Electronica heavy with vocals.
7. Maya combines electronica & Indian traditional & folk vocals in an appealing manner. Softer sounding electronica track.
8. The mix of guitar & Indian percussion works in a unique way.
9. Vocals in English. Melodic. Soulful.