|Arcturus / Arcturian|
|Add Date:||2015-07-10||Pull Date:||2015-09-11|
|Week Ending:||Aug 30||Aug 23||Aug 2||Jul 19|
|1.||Aug 25, 2015:||Sounds of the Underworld |
|4.||Jul 14, 2015:||Sounds of the Underworld |
|2.||Aug 18, 2015:||Sounds of the Underworld |
|5.||Jul 13, 2015:||Everything A to Z week 02: A. B. C. |
|3.||Jul 28, 2015:||Sounds of the Underworld |
Label: Prophecy Productions
Reviewer: Dark Emperor
The Avant-garde Norwegian space pirates are back with their best release since the famous “La Masquerade Infernale”. One of the first revolutionary Black Metal bands to push the envelope (sometimes too far), this outfit is back in full swing after ICS Vortex got ‘fired’ from Dimmu Borgir (they did all of us a favor by doing that). This band has a top notch drummer with Hellhammer (Mayhem, Winds, etc.) and excellent songwriters with Sverd and Møllarn. One of the best releases in 2015 hands down, for all fans of Progressive Avant-garde Black Metal. Similar to: NOBODY.
1. (05:08). The magic starts here with some electronic bizarreness and the typical Arcturus keyboard shenanigans. (3.5 out of 5)
2. (04:08). Lush violins nicely complement surgical drumming and Vortex’s vocals. (4 out of 5).
3. (04:26). Killer riffs and very versatile vocal melodies make this a unique track in the release (the blast beats help a bit too!). (4 out of 5).
4. (03:51). Funky electro/industrial piece that brings the listener to the band’s outer-space reality. (4 out of 5)
5. (05:57). The BEST, Vortex delivers a super versatile and dramatic performance. The music is super tight and with the right amount of tempo changes to intoxicate. (5 out of 5).
6. (03:27). Arcturus ventures into some futuristic Dubstep…. Amusing and weird. (3.5 out of 5).
7. (05:10). Inhuman drums paired with powerful guitars and a very playful / headbanging mood. (5 out of 5).
8. (04:14). Experimental weirdness with string instruments and funky arrangements. Solid piece with excellent instrumentation. (4 out of 5).
9. (05:36). A trip down to the “La Masquerade Infernale” memory lane with this track featuring very playful lyrics and a catchy tempo. (4.5 out of 5).
10. (05:50). Saving the crushing drumming and pummeling riffs for last, this track suddenly reminds us why Arcturus are the buffoons of Metal with their unconventional music. (5 out of 5).
|1.||The Arcturian Sign||6.||Demon|