First solo release from Dave Monks, AKA lead singer of Tokyo Police Club, one of my all time favorite bands. It is a love album, and I will just pretend he is singing to me :) Love the whole thing, sounds like a slightly stripped down version of TPC, but his voice sounds great as always.
Recommended tracks: ALL, seriously, so good.
1. (3:46) Vegas - Reminds me a lot of Tokyo Police Club (duh!), acoustic great melody.
2. (4:03) Gasoline - Love this one, a little slower than the last, I could really listen to him sing anything and be happy though, love this.
3. (3:25) The Rules - Piano driven, more uptempo, great. (I love every song on this record so this review is going to get redundant)
4. (4:10) Miss You - This song is kind of heart breaking, and so sweet, and I love it.
5. (4:14) Heartbeat Blues - More of the same, but has a cool build for each chorus, really like this one.
6. (3:43) Summer Dream - Upbeat guitar strumming, great story.