|Baxley, Kail / A Light That Never Dies|
|Album:||A Light That Never Dies||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Forty Below Records|
|Add Date:||2015-07-10||Pull Date:||2015-09-11|
|Week Ending:||13 Sep||6 Sep||16 Aug||2 Aug||26 Jul||19 Jul|
|1.||Thu, 10 Sep 15:||Eliza Ridgeway|
|4.||Sat, 05 Sep 15:||Eme O|
|2.||Thu, 10 Sep 15:||SOL·MAX·ION|
Clean Copper Radio
|5.||Thu, 13 Aug 15:||Eliza Ridgeway|
|3.||Mon, 07 Sep 15:||Waves|
|6.||Thu, 13 Aug 15:||SOL·MAX·ION|
Clean Copper Radio
This is the first full length from South Carolina native KaiL Baxley. I am so in to this blue-eyed soul trend right now and this record does not disappoint. RIYL: Hozier, George Ezra, Sam Smith, Sam Cook...|
Recommended Tracks: 1, 3, 5, 6, 11
1. (3:42) Light That Never Dies - Super soulful, awesome backing harmonies, sounds a lot like Hozier, awesome. Cool horns too.
2. (3:14) Mr. Downtown - Horn section, female backing vox, more uptempo than the last with horns and flutes.
3. (4:00) Tell The Falling Sun - Slow Motown sounds. Almost reminds me of Sam Cook. That voice is amazing.
4. (2:53) The Ballad of Johnny Steel - Funky, darker, simple and very cool, the horn section is killer.
5. (4:40) Morning Light - Acoustic and mellow, slide guitar and another sweet melody. Super sweet love song.
6. (3:43) Better Feelin’ Better Days - Awesome female backing vocals again. Slow and steady, more distorted again.
7. (3:15) Owe - Intricate acoustic guitar, fiddle, another slower one, bluesy and super soulful.
8. (1:34) Still Wonder (Interlude) - Ambient almost with some piano and minimal female vocals.
9. (3:57) Troubled Souls - Another downtempo one, this time with super pretty strings and a more rock sounding guitar with heavy use of floor toms.
10. (4:50) Chasing James Dean - Acoustic guitar, strings and vocals. Bluesy, country vibe, simple and pretty much like the others.
11. (4:11) Mirrors of Paradise - Cool vocal harmonies, more singer/songwriter-y drum beat builds in a couple minutes in. Nearly perfect.
|1.||Light That Never Dies||6.||Better Feeln' Better Days|
|3.||Tell The Falling Sun||8.||Still Wonder (Interlude)|
|4.||The Ballad Of Johnny Steel||9.||Troubled Souls|
|5.||Morning Light||10.||Chasing James Dean|
|11.||Mirrors Of Paradise|