|Clap Your Hands Say Yeah / Clap Your Hands Say Yeah (10th Anniversary Edition)|
|Album:||Clap Your Hands Say Yeah (10th Anniversary Edition)||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Clap Your Hands Say Yeah||Added:||07/2015|
|Add Date:||2015-07-10||Pull Date:||2015-09-11|
|Week Ending:||13 Sep||6 Sep||23 Aug||16 Aug||9 Aug||2 Aug||26 Jul||19 Jul|
|1.||Wed, 07 Aug 19:||DJ Stace|
|4.||Thu, 10 Sep 15:||SOL·MAX·ION|
Clean Copper Radio
|2.||Thu, 07 Dec 17:||agent scully|
|5.||Fri, 04 Sep 15:||Francis D|
|3.||Thu, 27 Jul 17:||agent scully|
|6.||Fri, 21 Aug 15:||Francis D|
Re-release of the original Clap Your Hands Say Yeah record, which apparently came out 10 years ago. This record changed my life when it came out, I loved how different it was and yet it still fulfilled my single requirement of killer melodies throughout, I was so excited to see this come through the station and shocked that we didn't already have it in the library. Here it is! Listen to it, love it, play it.|
Recommended Tracks: 2, 3, 6, 7, 10…and all of the rest.
1. (3:25) Clap Your Hands! - This is the intro, think weird carnival announcer, shouting, and an organ grinder.
2. (3:25) Let the Cool Goddess Rust Away - This is one of my favorite songs ever. I just remember hearing this record for the first time and falling in love, weird voice, killer hook, play thins one again and again.
3. (3:09) Over and Over Again (Lost and Found) - This one is less heavy than the last, very easy to listen to, foot tapper, another undeniably awesome melody.
4. (1:02) Sunshine and Clouds (And Everything Proud) - Toy piano interlude fades into track 5 flawlessly.
5. (3:30) Details of the War - Something about this just hooks me every time, slow and sweet, easy.
6. (5:44) The Skin of My Yellow Country Teeth - This one may be my favorite. Synth! This one is a lot like BlocParty, but god damn that hook and the vocal urgency.
7. (3:12) Is This Love? - Another uptempo, more pop-hook track, but that voice and the off kilter screeching makes it that much better.
8. (4:01) Heavy Metal - Upbeat, driving, another awesome track.
9. (1:17) Blue Turning Gray - Downtempo, acoustic sound.
10. (3:59) In This Home on Ice - Another favorite, (although that is redundant at this point), more typical mid 2000s indie rock sound.
11. (3:03) Gimmie Some Salt - Percussion driven with echoey accents and weird keyboard effects.
12. (4:34) Upon This Tidal Wave of Young Blood - Strummy guitar, uptempo, another solid track.