|Kopecky / Drug For The Modern Age|
|Album:||Drug For The Modern Age||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2015-07-10||Pull Date:||2015-09-11|
|Week Ending:||13 Sep||6 Sep||23 Aug||16 Aug||2 Aug||26 Jul||19 Jul|
|1.||Jul 24, 2021:||Music Casserole (rebroadcast from Sep 5, 2015) |
|4.||Aug 16, 2015:||Wolfe Calls |
|2.||Sep 10, 2015:||Clean Copper Radio |
|5.||Aug 12, 2015:||ZoëRadio |
|3.||Sep 05, 2015:||Music Casserole |
|6.||Aug 11, 2015:||Meow |
This is the second full length from Nashville, TN 6 piece indie rock group Kopecky. The songs have great pop-driven melodies. It is super good, very mellow, great songwriting, I was really impressed. RIYL: Noah and the Whale, Bleachers, Fun...but more stripped down.|
Favorite Tracks: 1, 3, 9, 10, 11
1. (3:49) Die Young - Mid tempo, very pretty, male and female vox, reminds me a bit of Noah and the Whale.
2. (4:01) My Love - This one is a little cheesy, but still kind of cute, not my favorite though.
3. (3:33) Better Luck Next Time - I really like this one, mellow-isn with an almost 80s vibe, simple, infectious, cute, yeah this one is good.
4. (2:52) Quarterback - Guitar driven, anthemic, awesome. Think something like Bleachers or Fun.
5. (3:31) Real Life - Another mid-tempo pop track, very easy on the ears.
6. (4:38) Closed Doors - Downtempo, crooning, cool combo of the two singers. Love Song.
7. (2:54) Talk to Me - Uptempo synthy, male vocals.
8. (3:07) Thrill - Darker, slower, creepier, female vocals with some smooth jazz horns.
9. (3:14) Vancouver - Midtempo, super cool instrumentation, cool percussion, one of my favorites.
10. (3:48) Natural Selection - More soulful, cool builds at the chorus, different and very good.
11. (4:25) Burnin’ - Slow and very 80s again, another great track though, this album is backloaded!!
12. (3:57) Drug for the Modern Age - This song reminds me of a slower version of bittersweet symphony with better and less annoying vocals.
|1.||Die Young||7.||Talk To Me|
|3.||Better Luck Next Time||9.||Vancouver|
|6.||Closed Doors||12.||Drug For The Modern Age|