|Rose Windows / Rose Windows|
|Label:||Sub Pop Records|
|Add Date:||2015-08-28||Pull Date:||2015-10-30|
|Week Ending:||1 Nov||25 Oct||18 Oct||11 Oct||4 Oct||27 Sep||20 Sep||13 Sep|
|1.||Oct 18, 2018:||Being as an ocean |
|4.||Jan 03, 2016:||Meow: The Best Of 2015 |
A Pleasure To Burn
|2.||Feb 18, 2017:||Reckless Burning |
|5.||Nov 30, 2015:||Fishbowl: Kaleidescope Eyes |
A Pleasure To Burn
|3.||May 24, 2016:||Life Aquatic |
|6.||Nov 09, 2015:||Fishbowl: Starry Eyes |
Come Get Us Again
This is the self-titled second record from Sub Pop, Seattle natives Rose Windows. I didn't hear the first record and now I have to go back and get lost in it. This record is SO GOOD. They are apparently considered psychedelic rock, but I would argue that a lot of their songs have heavy folk influences and the voice of the lead girl singer has tons of character and a somewhat bluesy style. Great cover to cover, play all of the songs all of the time please!|
FCCs: Supposedly Track 7, but they just say God Damn, so that is a judgement call I think.
Favorite Tracks: Cant decide they are all great, seriously.
1. (3:15) Bodhi Song - Awesome bluesey, rock. Male vocals. Kind of dark, cool chorus with great harmonies, the voice is amazing.
2. (3:20) Glory, Glory - More upbeat, female vocals, so fucking catchy, this one got me hooked.
3. (4:01) Blind - Mid-tempo, this girl’s voice is great, super soulful, cool instrumentation.
4. (3:56) Strip Mall Babylon - This one almost feels like a heavier Avi Buffalo, more bluesy again, but super good. I really love all of these songs.
5. (4:55) Come Get Us Again - Down tempo, almost acoustic, super mellow, easy listen. Cool organ on this track.
6. (4:09) The Old Crow - Country sounding track, twangy vocals and guitar, tons of attitude, rad track.
7. FCC “God Damn”(4:40) Aurora Avenue - 3/4 time signature, more cool instrument combos, great harmonies. Very cool track.
8. (5:54) A Pleasure to Burn - Downtempo and dreamy. Lovely song, really great.
9.(4:53) Hirami - Another downtempo track. Shakers and guitar to back the vocals in the beginning, woodwinds come in at some point, super cool vibe in this song. Chill way to end the record.
|1.||Bodhi Song||5.||Come Get Us Again|
|2.||Glory, Glory||6.||The Old Crow|
|4.||Strip Mall Babylon||8.||A Pleasure To Burn|