|You. / Sunchaser|
|Add Date:||2015-10-05||Pull Date:||2015-12-07|
|Week Ending:||13 Dec||6 Dec||29 Nov||22 Nov||15 Nov||8 Nov||1 Nov||25 Oct|
|1.||Aug 21, 2021:||Music Casserole (rebroadcast from Oct 10, 2015) |
|4.||Dec 06, 2015:||Breakaway Bluff |
|2.||Aug 13, 2021:||Wolfe Calls (rebroadcast from Nov 8, 2015) |
|5.||Dec 05, 2015:||Music Casserole |
|3.||Jul 28, 2021:||Wolfe Calls (rebroadcast from Nov 8, 2015) |
|6.||Nov 27, 2015:||Breakaway Bluff |
NYC dark wave quartet YOU. delivers on Sunchaser, their third record, another set of gloomy recordings characterized by sober melodies, eerie guitar effects, echoing vocal effects, ethereal synthesizer parts, and harsh use of mechanical beats. Austere and sophisticated. |
RIYL: The Soft Moon, X Mal Deutschland, Vaniish, All Your Sisters, and early New Order.
Recommended Tracks: 1, 4, 5, and 6
1. (3:59) **Feral – Striking opener. Synchronized guitars and synths. Dramatic vocals. Keeps you moving.
2. (3:32) Solution – Slow, repetitive, and stylish. Marvelous chorus with male/female vocals. The right amount of noise in the background.
3. (5:00) Get Paid – Intro a la Michael Jackson’s Beat it. Then the track becomes upbeat full of programmed drumbeats and synthesizer chord sequences. Vintage dark wave.
4. (3:57) *Breaking Collapse – Pleasant exercise of classic synth pop instrumentation. Gloomy vocals.
5. (5:33) **Sunchaser – Cool upbeat early 4AD catalog-inspired track with smooth vocals, insular guitars, and a constant machine-generated drumbeat.
6. (5:25) *Extreme Games – Slow intro turns into a dark, hermetic dance construction driven by a haunting chorus and a repetitive guitar riff.
7. (3:58) Recognize – The equivalent to a post-punk ballad with just enough electric tension. Reminiscent of early Xymox.
8. (6:31) Grow Young – Epilogue of previous song. More memorable.
|4.||Breaking Collapse||8.||Grow Young|