|Oa / Oa|
|Add Date:||2015-08-17||Pull Date:||2015-10-19||Charts:||Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||18 Oct||11 Oct||4 Oct||27 Sep||20 Sep||13 Sep||6 Sep||30 Aug|
|1.||Jul 17, 2021:||Music Casserole (rebroadcast from Aug 29, 2015) |
Every Bird Is The Smallest
|4.||Oct 17, 2015:||BravoMarco Variety Show |
|2.||Oct 23, 2015:||In The Year One Thousand, Eight Thousand [FQ154x4PT2!] |
|5.||Oct 11, 2015:||Breakaway Bluff |
|3.||Oct 17, 2015:||Narnia |
|6.||Oct 07, 2015:||Home on the Range |
Reviewed by BravoMarco
Bay Area duo of Hugh Behm-Seinberg & Matt Davignon (Sole credit on 5,7,9) delivering an LP of heavily edited / manipulated spoken word. Electronica & general field recordings having a good time. This is heavy on the X factor.
Like: (Ambrose Reynolds meets the My Life In The Bush Of Ghosts LP) plus, Nux Vomica, Laura Cetilia - All pretty good. Really Liking 8 (No FCC’s)
1) George (6.29) Story of George. Instrumental is so strong, it would have been an amazing piece of music. Spoken word is the main focus though.
2) Horsehead (7.53) The music is over the words on this one. Slightly more of a harsh sound. Female voices.
3) Travel (5.39) More jolly, with cat references. Gets messy in the middle but generally stays on the waltzer ride.
4) As Signatory (0.43) Heart beat with tongue twister speech.
5) In The Center, Off Centered (5.26) Chat appears to have been manipulated to sound to about half way. First half messes with your head & then it carries on. Could be three individual tracks.
6) Regardless (4.56) Mellow start with a gradually more menacing feel. Nice balance between the voice & sound.
7) Every Bird Is The Smallest (6.27) Has an industrial, gothic mood musically. Doesn’t work for me at first, but I get there in the end.
8) I’ll Wait (5.35) Spacey desolate pounding experience.
9) Look To The Right (5.47) In the same vain as the previous, just not as bleak.
|3.||Travel||8.||Every Bird Is The Smallest|
|4.||As Signatory||9.||I'll Wait|
|5.||In The Center||10.||Look To The Right|