|Sandy's / Prom|
|Add Date:||2015-08-07||Pull Date:||2015-10-09|
|Week Ending:||4 Oct||27 Sep||20 Sep||13 Sep||6 Sep||30 Aug||23 Aug||16 Aug|
|1.||Oct 16, 2015:||Time Traveler |
|4.||Sep 18, 2015:||Time Traveler |
We Can Pretend
|2.||Oct 02, 2015:||Time Traveler |
|5.||Sep 11, 2015:||Dinner on Breakaway Bluff |
|3.||Sep 25, 2015:||Time Traveler |
|6.||Sep 06, 2015:||Meow After Midnight |
Sandy’s is a San Francisco-based artist by the name of Alexi Glickman, His music is rich, surf-y and psyche-y, with a DIY feel. He began recording and releasing music in 2012. Last summer (2014), Sandy’s issued his debut album, Fourth Dementia. This EP was released through Bandcamp on July 24th, 2015. It’s a very pleasant listen for a sunny summer afternoon.
Recommended: 2, 4 (inst), 5. No FCCs.
1. (2:30) Prom Song – Big surf guitars. Languid, liquid, and luxurious for a lazy day at the beach. Instrumental.
2. (4:09) Consolidated Identity – Musically, a continuation of the first track. Could be played back-to-back if not for space in-between. Vocals are added — lush, expansive and harmonized. Mandolin in lead break. ***
3. (3:00) Slumber Room – Strumming electric guitar. Distant reverbed vocals. Psyche effects. Relaxing vocals.
4. (2:54) Elliott’s Etude – Mid-tempo instrumental. Brighter, happier guitars with mandolin in lead break once again. Like a TV or movie theme, where the scenes indicate the passing of time. ***
5. (2:40) We Can Pretend – Another pleasant, guitar-based tune with psyche tendencies. Harmonized vocals and simple drumming.
|1.||Prom Song||3.||Slumber Room|
|2.||Consolidated Identity||4.||Elliott's Etude|
|5.||We Can Pretend|