|Positive / Stand And Be Counted|
|Album:||Stand And Be Counted||Collection:||Reggae|
|Add Date:||2015-08-07||Pull Date:||2015-10-09||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||4 Oct||27 Sep||20 Sep||13 Sep||6 Sep||23 Aug||16 Aug|
|1.||May 29, 2022:||ReJOYce in Jesus presents "Lift Jesus Higher!" |
|4.||Mar 13, 2022:||ReJOYce in Jesus presents "Lift Jesus Higher!" |
|2.||Apr 03, 2022:||ReJOYce in Jesus presents "Lift Jesus Higher!" |
Blessing After Blessing
|5.||Jan 16, 2022:||ReJOYce in Jesus presents "Lift Jesus Higher!" |
Scars (feat. V. Rose)
|3.||Mar 27, 2022:||ReJOYce in Jesus presents "Lift Jesus Higher!" |
Scars (feat. V. Rose)
|6.||Jan 09, 2022:||ReJOYce in Jesus presents "Lift Jesus Higher!" |
All Over the World (feat. Jonathan McReynolds)
Positive/Stand and Be Counted/Fox Fuse|
Hailing from Trinidad and Tobago, Positive’s latest release entitled “Stand and Be Counted” is a masterfully executed mix of reggae, calypso, soca, pop, R&B, dancehall, and EDM, with a West African influence throughout. His vocals are sweet and pure and he has several guest artists, like Jonathan McReynolds, V. Rose, and DJ Nicholas who bring their unique style to songs that complement Positive very well. The lyrics and production are tight and it is a joy to listen to from track to track. If you like Papa San and Benjah, you will LOVE Positive! Favorite tracks are: 2,3,5,6,7,8, 10. NO FCC. Reviewed by Kesha from Lift Jesus Higher!
1) 1:10 – new media clips mash up followed by classic rendition of “on Christ the solid rock I stand” by female vocalists” leads into track 2
*2) 4:22 – begins with acapella female rendition of “On Christ the Solid Rock I Stand,” then dramatic vocal intro, then followed by military style beat drop, med tempo.
*3) 3:48 – classic reggae beat, med groove, smooth harmonic chorus.
4) 3:39 – drum fill intro, med upbeat tempo, female background vocalists provide nice accents throughout.
**5) 3:42 – starts with acapella African chant, then drums, then Afrobeat up tempo rhythms, with a mix of English and Yoruba lyrics.
*6) 4:13 – dramatic synth intro, more African chants throughout the song, with EDM accents. Song builds and gets more busy.
*7) 3:36 – smooth pop-esque ballad, with great guest vocals from V. Rose, nice acoustic guitar throughout.
*8) 4:10 – soca rhythms and beat, catchy chorus with infusion of West African words in lyrics.
9) 3:47 – classic soca beat, upbeat, steady throughout.
*10) 3:08 – island pop/R&B sound, med tempo 80s beat, guest vocalist Jonathan McReynolds provides a tight hook that catches you from the beginning of the song.
11) 3:48 – nice horns intro, classic reggae beat, med tempo upbeat
12) 3:15 – upbeat medium tempo reggae ballad, with very nice saxophone throughout. Smooth female background vocalist
13) 3:37 – dancehall up tempo song with guest vocalist DJ Nicholas. Simple Electronic/synth provides the foundation with solid bass line.
14) 4:04 – straight EDM dub-step, fast tempo, but starts out with few sounds, then drops and gets crazy!
15) 6:34 – Gospel reggae worship song where Positive acts as worship leader, but bulk of vocals are sung by female choir.