|Mint Field / Primeras Salidas|
|Add Date:||2015-08-07||Pull Date:||2015-10-09|
|Week Ending:||11 Oct||4 Oct||20 Sep||13 Sep||6 Sep||30 Aug||23 Aug||16 Aug|
|1.||Wed, 08 Mar 17:||aandreaa|
|4.||Thu, 26 May 16:||DJ Aporia|
|2.||Sun, 05 Mar 17:||DJ Aporia|
|5.||Tue, 24 May 16:||DJ Aporia|
|3.||Tue, 15 Nov 16:||Telepathic Juan|
|6.||Thu, 17 Mar 16:||Telepathic Juan|
In The Year One Thousand, Eight Thousand [W16H]
Primeras Salidas is the debut recording from Tijuana’s Mint Field. Influenced by dream-pop, shoegaze, and early 1980’s Cherry Red artists, this young trio belongs to a new generation of international bands embracing these sounds and doing interesting things with them. Primeras Salidas, which roughly translates to “first deliveries,” has interesting rhythm changes, a combination of ethereal and soft-spoken vocal moments, loud hypnotic guitars, and pleasant melodies. The band has great chemistry that shows not only on the record but also in their live sets. I saw them at Viva! Pomona this year and their set was one of the highlights of the two-day festival. They sounded flawless and energetic. A very promising act on the rise.|
RIYL: Lorette Meets The Obsolete, Chasms, Dear Eloise, Vaya Futuro, and, Slowdive.
Recommended Tracks: 1, 2, 3, 4, and 6
1. (4:43) **El Otro Lugar – Exuberant track with lot of interesting rhythmic changes. Increases speed towards the end. Always playable.
2. (3:33) *Petty Box – Part instrumental, part spoken word composition with passionate guitar parts.
3. (2:22) **Douglas – Part Goth, part post-punk tune, upbeat and quite striking. Male vocals.
4. (3:30) *Laika – Track reminiscent of early 1980’s Cherry Red Records pop releases. Mid-tempo beat with a catchy melody.
5. (4:00) Clouds – Playful tune with intense vocals.
6. (4:44) **Pétalo – Impressive upbeat track with ingenious guitar work and pleasant vocals.
|1.||El Otro Lugar||4.||Laika|