|Boats / Release|
|Add Date:||2015-08-17||Pull Date:||2015-10-19|
|Week Ending:||Oct 18||Oct 11||Sep 13||Sep 6||Aug 30|
|1.||Oct 21, 2015:||Home on the Range |
|4.||Sep 07, 2015:||Breakaway Bluff |
|2.||Oct 15, 2015:||radio seven |
|5.||Sep 06, 2015:||Meow After Midnight |
|3.||Oct 07, 2015:||Home on the Range |
|6.||Sep 02, 2015:||Breakaway Radio Bluff |
Alternative rock. Acoustic guitar, electronic humming, and a heavily washed-out voice. I have no idea why the voice is so washed-out; I found it aggravating how difficult the lyrics were to understand, particularly when they seem to be central to understanding some of the songs. With that having been said: a couple of the songs on here are really promising and definitely radio-ready. Give this a try if you like alt rock that feels a bit dramatic.|
Recommended: 3, 2
1) “Intro” (0:43): Some horn playing, with deep groaning sounds underneath. Probably ignore this.
2) “Spiders Soul” (3:50): Ambling pace. Guitars and drum do most of the work here, but there are some cool electronic accents.
3) “Shallows” (4:10): Great ragged guitar picking at the beginning. Emphatic chorus is memorable. Nice.
4) “Rabbits” (3:20): Voice isn’t distorted here; much more natural. Whistling sounds. Really pared back compared to the previous track. Sort of bursts open at the two-minute mark.
5) “Thats the Way” (3:50): This seems a bit more like a ballad, but the lyrics are so difficult to understand that I can’t say I liked it that much. Some great moving chord changes though.
6) “Hold the Knife” (3:20): Pensive. “Hold the knife and cut me clear.” Calm.
|2.||Spider's Soul||5.||That's The Way|
|3.||Shallows||6.||Hold The Knife|