|Kinski / 7 (Or 8)|
|Album:||7 (Or 8)||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Kill Rock Stars|
|Add Date:||2015-08-17||Pull Date:||2015-10-19|
|Week Ending:||25 Oct||18 Oct||11 Oct||27 Sep||13 Sep||6 Sep||30 Aug||23 Aug|
|1.||Sat, 02 Jan 16:||Mister Esquire|
Meow: The Almost Best Of 2015
|4.||Sun, 18 Oct 15:||Mister Esquire|
|2.||Sun, 25 Oct 15:||Mister Esquire|
|5.||Sat, 17 Oct 15:||Hervey Okkles|
Buford J. Sharkley Presents: As Told to Hervey Okkles
|3.||Wed, 21 Oct 15:||DJ Randall|
Home on the Range
|6.||Mon, 12 Oct 15:||Skipper|
Garagey rock from Seattle vets. |
Long-running band Kinski do Kill Rock Stars proud with this solid and intriguing release. What I enjoy about this album is that many of the grungey tracks on here are instrumentals and encourage more thought than your average rock song. Also, it features a really beautiful, triumphant closer (play it if you have 12 minutes!!!). Energetic, upbeat, driving stuff, worth a listen.
FCC CLEAN. All but 2 and 5 are instrumentals.
RIYL Sebadoh, Dino Jr., early Pavement, harder grungy stuff, basically
I like **7** as one of the best tracks of the year, then 6, 5, 4.
1. (6:14) mid-fast. instrumental 1. noise!! driving grungy angry noise!! in a good way. becomes a headbanger with this badass strut to it, and awesome solos.
2. (3:36) med. killer distorted Nirvana-y riff. vocals! “who cares what’s right/as long as I don’t hurt you.”
3. (4:30) med-fast. instrumental 2. simple drums, descending mildly ominous guitars. builds, builds, another head bobber. crazy energy burst at close.
4. *(5:31) med. instrumental 3. twangy catchy riff, Stephen Malkmus tripped out and forgot to write lyrics. playful yet complex, slackery yet mature, good stuff.
5. *(2:15) fast. instrumental 4. catchy punky downward spiral, a shot of energy.
6. **(3:56) mid. just a great laid-back mid-tempo song. mood: jaded. can’t pinpoint what it is about this one, but it’s simple and Slanted and Enchanted-y and great
7. ***(11:59) slow, ends mid. instrumental 5. what an amazing track! starts with minimal ambient noise, you’re unsure if you pressed play, adds the ghost of analog synth. then @ 2:34 builds slowly with many subtle changes and by the time it’s over you’re wishing it would go on and on. Mr. Esq says “Mogwai-esque.” uplifting, great piece of music. play this.
|1.||Detroit Trickle Down||4.||Powder|
|2.||Flight Risk||5.||Drink Up And Be Somebody|
|3.||I Fell Like A Fucking Flower||6.||Operation Negligee|
|7.||Bulletin Of The International String Figure Association|