dream pop/relaxed and relaxy stuff/comeowtose-core.
5th album by this Baltimore duo is a sonic return to albums #1 & #2 =spareness and intimacy.
twin peaks soundtrack for the episode in your head.
the album's title, 'Depression Cherry', is fitting.
Ghost Kitty motif? Ghost Kitty motif!
GHOST KITTY SEZ: MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW.
SOUNDS LIKE: COCTEAU TWINNS, OTHER 4AD STUFF, TAMARYN, STILL CORNERS, ECHO LAKE, ET AL.
PLAY: ANY/ALL/RANDMEOW/GO COMEOWTOSE-CORE NOW!
1. PURR-FECT II: Ghost Kitty is relaxed and relaxy. Too much. Too much catnip and...
2. PURR-FECT: Ghost Kitty is playing with balls of yarn on pink, fluffy clouds. Oh look!: a unicorn! Go get 'em Ghost Kitty!
3. PURR-FECT II: sultry. Ghost Kitty is at a nightclub. He sees the kitten of his dreams: giant eyes and giant eyelashes. Ghost Kitty goes up and sez 'Hello. I am...Esquire.' she knows he's lying.
4. PURR-FECT II: Ghost Kitty goes to the local Hello Kitty store. He's nodding out on cherry flavored codeine cough syrup for kittens. Ghost Kitty drank a quart of the stuff! Ghost Kitty crashes into a rack of day-glo Hello Kitty raincoats....
5. Ghost kitty starts puking up all the cherry flavored Codeine cough syrup for kittens. all over the day-glo Hello Kitty raincoats...
6. PURR-FECT II: Awwww: Ghost Kitty got kicked out of the Hello Kitty store. 'Time to go get a Cinebon!', Ghost Kitty thinks. out loud.
7. PURR-FECT II: 'this is lovely!', Ghost Kitty thinks, out loud again. 'where have I heard this before?........bwaaaaaa!(puking sounds) bwaaaa-'
8. Ghost Kitty wipes his mouth, looks for the water fountain. 'It's so pretty!', again, out loud.
9. PURR-FECT II: 'What...what the fuck is this?! It's so...pretty...' Again, Ghost Kitty is thinking out loud. 'and...epic!' Ghost Kitty passes out.