|Astro / Chicos De La Luz|
|Album:||Chicos De La Luz||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2015-10-05||Pull Date:||2015-12-07|
|Week Ending:||13 Dec||6 Dec||29 Nov||22 Nov||8 Nov||1 Nov||25 Oct||18 Oct|
|1.||Tue, 19 Apr 16:||iota|
does radio suck?
|4.||Fri, 11 Dec 15:||DJ Muscat|
A Visit From Drum (Best of '15)
|2.||Sat, 16 Apr 16:||iota|
does radio suck?
|5.||Thu, 10 Dec 15:||DJ Randall|
Home on the Range
|3.||Fri, 18 Dec 15:||Telepathic Juan|
In The Year One Thousand, Eight Thousand: Best of 2015 [FQ1511-2]
|6.||Sun, 06 Dec 15:||Waves|
Santiago de Chile-based Astro’s second album, Chicos De La Luz, takes you on a journey where chillwave sound blueprints, late 20th century mainstream R&B melodies, Animal Collective arbitrary mash-up pop style, and forms of traditional Chilean song composition are layered together to deliver one of the most outlandish recordings every constructed in the Spanish language. Despite its bizarre approach, Chicos De La Luz delivers a set of magnetic tracks full of amusing configurations and blissful flashes. Pop goes the world.|
RIYL: Animal Collective, Dan Deacon, Gorky's Zygotic Mynci, The Beta Band, and Super Furry Animals.
Recommended Tracks: 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, and 9
1. (6:13) **Uno – Funky tune with cheesy melodic parts, cool guitars, and weird out lyrics about love and atoms.
2. (5:04) *Bardo Thodol – Second generation chillwave meets yacht rock meets pseudo-funk with contagious bass line, AM radio vocal drama and more cosmic lyrical adventures.
3. (4:40) **Caribbean – Another crazy weird downtempo pop inspired track constructed with semi-tropical melodies, lyrics with Caribbean cultural references and flat out electronic parts taken from the Sparks album, No. 1 in Heaven. Out there.
4. (4:02) Chicos de la Luz – Playful upbeat tune with 1980’s melodic and rhythmic references and bizarre vocals. Somehow catchy.
5. (5:20) Druida – Another trippy part disco, part Afrobeat composition with more strange lyrics and erratic melody changes.
6. (5:41) **Danza Celestial – Athmospheric synth driven intro. Late 1970’s AM radio vocal melody. By second minute, song breaks into a new wave rhythmic structure. Lots of cool changes and synth created sounds.
7. (3:05) *Warrior – Glo-fi ballad with super melodramatic vocal moments but nonetheless impressive.
8. (2:41) Rico – Another pop exercise using post-recycled late 20th century soul music as source.
9. (5:03) *Dimensión Suprema – Crazy melodic vocal work meets 1984’s top 40 musical instrumentation. Unadulterated combination.
10. (4:04) Kafka – Another futuristic ballad with a decent synth driven instrumentation during the second half of the song.
|4.||Chicos De La Luz||9.||Dimension Suprema|