|Hibou / Hibou|
|Add Date:||2016-01-20||Pull Date:||2016-03-20|
|Week Ending:||20 Mar||6 Mar||28 Feb||21 Feb||14 Feb||7 Feb||31 Jan||24 Jan|
|1.||Sun, 14 Oct 18:||jackie|
Bass Pro Shop
|4.||Thu, 03 Mar 16:||DJ Aporia|
|2.||Thu, 24 Mar 16:||Telepathic Juan|
In The Year One Thousand, Eight Thousand [W16I]
|5.||Sun, 28 Feb 16:||Waves Warbler|
|3.||Sun, 13 Mar 16:||Waves Warbler|
|6.||Sat, 27 Feb 16:||Victoria|
Mix Tape: The Legacy Lives On
Seattle’s Hibou's self-titled debut album will get praised as one of the most upbeat late 1980’s dream pop-inspired, bedroom-produced recording released this year. Literally, every song wants you to perform your best happy dance moves over and over. Hibou, written, recorded, and performed by Peter Michel, delivers inspired winding reverbed-out guitar melodies, flowing arrangements, and lots of nostalgic sonic moments. You will overindulge in late 20th century underground pop references. Amiable nevertheless. |
RIYL: Craft Spells, Kid XL, Wild Nothing, War On Drugs, and Dole.
Recommended Tracks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8 and 11
1. (4:19) **Dissolve – Ambitious opener with sticky moments and memorable chorus.
2. (3:37) *Valium – Nice guitars and more pleasant upbeat moments. Killer synth riff.
3. (3:58) **When The Seasons Ends – Sequel of the opening track. Upbeat dream pop extravaganza.
4. (3:33) *Above Us – Fast, dreamy, and impeccable. Solid guitar work.
5. (3:20) Sunder – A faster rendition of the previous track. More jangly guitars!
6. (3:44) Eleanor – Synth driven slow tempo ballad. Enjoyable melody.
7. (4:13) Glow – Upbeat driven composition. The War On Drugs everywhere here.
8. (2:48) *In The Sun –Upbeat. Peculiar rhythm change half way through the song.
9. (4:42) Hide Away – Warm upbeat creation highly influenced by American synth pop – think Anything Box.
10. (3:09) Shutter Song – Calm, partially semi-acoustic. Halfway through the track it gets noisy and more melodic. Some guitar interventions here and there.
11. (4:20) *Keeping Still – Decent slow tempo track. Guitar driven. Early 1990’s modern rock inspired.
|3.||When The Season Ends||8.||In The Sun|
|4.||Above Us||9.||Hide Away|