|Panda Bear / Crosswords Ep|
|Label:||Domino Recording Company|
|Add Date:||2015-10-05||Pull Date:||2015-12-07|
|Week Ending:||6 Dec||29 Nov||22 Nov||15 Nov||8 Nov||1 Nov||25 Oct||18 Oct|
|1.||Thu, 27 Jul 17:||agent scully|
|4.||Sun, 20 Dec 15:||Eme O|
|2.||Fri, 29 Apr 16:||DJ Muscat|
A Vist From Drum
|5.||Thu, 17 Dec 15:||Mister Esquire|
|3.||Sat, 27 Feb 16:||Mr. Tumnus|
|6.||Wed, 16 Dec 15:||DJ Randall|
Home on the Range
From Lisbon, Portugal, via Baltimore, Maryland, Animal Collective’s Panda Bear’s third official EP, Crosswords continues the exploration started on his fifth album, Panda Bear Meets The Grim Reaper, released early this year. For Crosswords, the focus is mixing arbitrary dance beats with easy listening vocal melodies and strange synthesizer produced sounds. Twentieth century pop for the younger generation of mash-up fans. |
RIYL: Dan Deacon, El Guincho, Jack Name, Astro, and Animal Collective.
FCC WARNING: 5 – No bad words but mention of marijuana consumption.
Recommended Tracks: 1, 3, and 4
1. (3:36) *Crosswords (EP Mix) – Contagious beat sample dating from the Milli Vanilli years is the highlight of this track. Dynamic chillwave ballad.
2. (3:46) No Mans Land – Kind of a funk carioca beat played in reverse as rhythmic base accompanied by a vocal melody inspired by 1960’s easy listening pop.
3. (4:45) *Jabberwocky – Hip-hop beats, computer generated hard-bass enhancement, and classic easy listening pop sensibilities.
4. (4:11) **The Preakness – Upbeat piano driven late 1990’s British pop inspired track. Enjoyable spin on late Beta Band sound.
5. (4:44) Cosplay – Random computer generated sounds, low tempo beat, and a sort of dub kind of singing. For Marijuana appreciators.
|1.||Crosswords (Ep Mix)||3.||Jabberwocky|
|2.||No Mans Land||4.||The Preakness|