|Hag Face / R.I.P.|
|Add Date:||2015-10-05||Pull Date:||2015-12-07|
|Week Ending:||6 Dec||29 Nov||22 Nov||15 Nov||8 Nov||1 Nov||25 Oct||18 Oct|
|1.||Dec 18, 2015:||In The Year One Thousand, Eight Thousand: Best of 2015 [FQ1511-2] |
|4.||Dec 11, 2015:||In The Year One Thousand, Eight Thousand [FQ1510-3] |
|2.||Dec 12, 2015:||Narnia |
|5.||Dec 09, 2015:||Brownian Motion |
|3.||Dec 12, 2015:||Buford J. Sharkley Presents: As Told to Hervey Okkles |
|6.||Dec 04, 2015:||In The Year One Thousand, Eight Thousand [FQ159-2] |
Postpunky, screamy, weirdo, girl group foursome from Calgary. And man, there's a lot of screaming. Beautiful, beautiful screaming. Heavy psychey thumping, dissonance, and a bunch of vocal cords torn to threads-- cool and angular and weird and... yes, play this. Psychic Handshake Records is really turning us on to the coolest and weirdest of our neighbors to the north--|
1. (0:44) *** Short, atmospheric moaning.
2. (0:56) **** Short Kleenex/Lilliput-type post-punk screamer.
3. (1:44) *** "I'm your. Worst. Nightmare" then punk screaming. Doomy and thrashy. Repeats, then thrashes out.
4. (3:04) ***** Bulletstorms of drums, a build-up to demented screechy screaming. Circusy clowny mental breakdown, then gradually fading away.
5. (2:14) **** Angular, another Lilliput-type number, heavy drums and yowling, occasional
6. (5:08) **** Heavy head-banging, heavy heavy guitars with hellish wails. Builds and builds.
7. (1:12) **** Screamy and more screamy.
8. (3:50) ****** Heavy psyche, and calm talking in foreground; neurotic and paranoid sound. "SPIT SPIT SPIT"
9. (2:49) ***** Crazy drums, way screamy gutwire vox... slows down to "RIP IT RIP IT" and speeds back up. raw.
10. (5:34) [possible FCC: maybe a mumbled "shit" or maybe "ship." Hard to hear] ***** slow build to "First of all... I'm dead inside". Wonderfully draggy and cool. Screams.
11. (2:15) ***** More screamy wonder.
12. (0:40) Atmospheric outro.
|1.||Intro||7.||The Count Ii|
|2.||The Count I||8.||The Big Freeze|
|3.||Worst Nightmare||9.||Rip It|
|4.||Fern Gully||10.||The Big Thaw|