|Kate Tempest / Everybody Down|
|Label:||Big Data / Co-Sign|
|Add Date:||2015-11-01||Pull Date:||2016-01-03|
|Week Ending:||3 Jan||13 Dec||6 Dec||29 Nov||22 Nov||15 Nov||8 Nov|
|1.||Jan 02, 2016:||Music Casserole |
|4.||Nov 27, 2015:||Meow After Midnight |
|2.||Dec 09, 2015:||12-9-2015 |
|5.||Nov 25, 2015:||Home on the Range |
|3.||Nov 29, 2015:||Meow |
|6.||Nov 22, 2015:||Breakaway Bluff |
Kate Tempest is Electro female fronted hip-hop with thick Sauf London accent. A more London-street class-bound Lily Allen or MIA, same league. Excellent storytelling ala Pulp.|
FCC is shushed on track 3, but still clear what was said.
Recommended tracks 3, 5, 11, 6, 8, 10, 9
1. Marshall Law (5:39) Stream of conscious rap about modern relationships all in one night, over an electro beat.
FCC (muffled possibly compliant "f**k")2. The Truth (3:22) Lyrics about perception
***3. Lonely Daze (3:58) Nice beat, more MIA-like about people struggling thru limited life choices.
4. Chicken (2:47) Drone background, story told about a mediocre lives through conversation over dinner. Beat kicks on towards end.
***5. The Beigeness (3:09) Fun rolling hiphop groove, watching people catchy lyrics "them you don't show, them things ya don't say"
**6. Theme from Becky (3:56) Atmospheric laid-back groove about life choices as a masseuse, positive message to stay true to who you are.
7. Stink (2:46) Heavy music like an argument, reviewing a relationship argument (male guest vocals) about complex themes unemployment, depression, prostitution?
**8. The Heist (3:54) Suspenseful storytelling about gritty life.
*9. To the Victor the Spoils (3:01) Message about trying to start over and move past drudgery of urban life. Interesting, track downbeat.
**10. Circles (3:28) Funny, groovy track.
***11. A Hammer (3:43) Spooky electro groove, interesting progression, funny descriptions of guy and bar conversation & great refrain.
12. Happy End (7:13) Long rap about Becky and Harry. Not as clever or tight as other tracks
13. Hot Night Cold Spaceship (4:03) How life means compromises you don't want to make.
|2.||The Truth||8.||The Heist|
|3.||Lonely Daze||9.||To The Victors The Spoils|
|5.||The Beigeness||11.||A Hammer|
|6.||Theme From Becky||12.||Happy End|
|13.||Hot Night Cold Spaceship|