|Le Flange Du Mal / Carrion, My Wayward Son ...|
|Album:||Carrion, My Wayward Son ...||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Le Flange Du Mal||Added:||Oct 2015|
|Add Date:||2015-11-01||Pull Date:||2016-01-03|
|Week Ending:||Jan 3||Dec 20||Dec 13||Dec 6||Nov 29||Nov 22||Nov 8|
|1.||Jan 20, 2018:||Music Casserole |
|4.||Dec 18, 2015:||In The Year One Thousand, Eight Thousand: Best of 2015 [FQ1511-2] |
Threnody For S.A.
|2.||Dec 31, 2015:||Breakaway Bluff |
The Indigenous Evaporator
|5.||Dec 11, 2015:||In The Year One Thousand, Eight Thousand [FQ1510-3] |
|3.||Dec 30, 2015:||Music Casserole |
|6.||Nov 29, 2015:||Breakaway Bluff |
Caravan To Montauk
San Francisco’s le Flange du Mal’s lost third album, Carrion, My Wayward Son ... is an absorbing art-punk meets no wave exercise full of subjective, fast rhythmic changes, minimalist synthesizer-driven sequences, sporadic trumpet interventions, dense and dark cultural references, and lots of tormented dubbed, sampled, and chanted male/female vocals sung at different ranges. Unadulterated music then, now, and forever.|
RIYL: Tragic Mulatto, Crass, Ass Baboons Of Venus, Nervous Gender, and Chrome.
Recommended Tracks: 1, 2, 3, 5, and 7
1. (3:20) **The Indigenous Evaporator – Sound samples, semi-industrial beat, parallel non-coordinating female/male singing, trumpet solos, religious chanting, etc.
2. (4:36) *Threnody for S.A. – Trumpet riff, fast ceremonial drumbeat, synth sounds, and an attempt at pop singing. More trumpet and keyboards!
3. (1:22) **Weather War – Chaotic and paranoid art punker with captivating female vocals. Ass Baboons Of Venus would be proud.
4. (5:05) Iacocca – Trumpet/fast drumming galore, punk dude vocals. Theatrical rhythmic and vocal changes. Slow suffocating ending.
5. (4:21) *Caravan To Montauk – Electro-noise with great synth riff and trumpet accompaniment. Haunting female vocals.
6. (5:04) ...Landmines – Synth noise, fast drumming, paranoid punk dude vocals. Dense.
7. (5:39) **Shaved Women – Continuous chant that works as beats while other intense electro-noise elements build the track. Marvelous and ridiculous vocals. Cover of Crass.
|1.||The Indigenous Evaporator||4.||Lacocca|
|2.||Threnody For S.A.||5.||Caravan To Montauk|