|Various Artists / Pdx Pop Now! 2015 Disc 2|
|Album:||Pdx Pop Now! 2015 Disc 2||Collection:||General|
|1.||Nov 29, 2015:||Breakaway Bluff |
Bad Tattoos, The Dying Lights
|4.||Nov 07, 2015:||Music Casserole |
|2.||Nov 15, 2015:||Breakaway Bluff |
|5.||Nov 03, 2015:||Clean Copper Radio |
If It Does
|3.||Nov 08, 2015:||Breakaway Bluff |
The 2015 edition of PDX Pop Now! Another great collection of Oregon bands from pop, to rap, to folk, to instrumental, lots of good stuff on here. It is a 2 disk set, so I gave it 2 keys and 2 separate reviews to make finding tracks easier.|
Disc 2 FCCs: 2, 8, 12, 21
Recommended from Disc 2: 6, **7**, **10**, 11, **13**, 14, 17, **18**
1. (4:22) Shoegazy, kind of Tame Impala-y, solid but not mind blowing.
2. (5:33) FCC FUCK Girl electronic pop, downtempo with rap verse.
3. (4:04) Electro-pop, male vocals, nothing groundbreaking but solid song
4. (2:22) This is likely considered Ska, which is probably why I don’t like it…
5. (4:04) Electronic backing, almost sounds like postal service but no where near as good.
6. (3:38) * Upbeat electronic indie pop, girl vox, reminds me of Metric combined with CHVRCHES
7. (4:31) ** Love this, sounds like A Fine Frenzy, piano, strings, steal brushes on the drums, 3/4 time, lovely.
8. (3:43) FCC SHIT Another great track, not quite sure how best to describe other than girl fronted rock song, great melody, slightly electronic effects but really just a solid and catch track, great baseline.
9. (3:29) This one is pretty boring, indie rock, male vocals.
10. (4:56) **I really like this one, distant and dreamy, super pretty, great melody, short and sweet.
11. (3:24) *Up beat rock’n’roll, slightly distorted, really good though.
12. (1:00) Punk track, pretty sure there are FCCs but I can’t tell.
13. ** (4:53) Cool instrumental track, almost Dan Deacon-y.
14. (3:51) * Great indie rock track, good lyrics, great melody, really like it.
15. (4:29) Country song, super pretty instrumentation.
16. (4:35) This is not my favorite, sounds like florence and the machine goes acoustic…maybe trying to sound like Joni Mitchell…a little to whiney for me.
17. (2:58) * Male + Female vocals, great melody, mid tempo, easy listening.
18. (3:42) ** Great track, really cool instrumentation, great female vocalists, down tempo electronicy
19. (3:12) This is super boring, downtempo, synth, wispy vocals.
20. (2:28) Distorted Rock, not my favorite but also not my genre.
21. (1:14) FCC FUCK Snappy, kind of punky, male and female vocals.