|Grant, John / Grey Tickles, Black Pressure|
|Album:||Grey Tickles, Black Pressure||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2015-11-29||Pull Date:||2016-01-31|
|Week Ending:||31 Jan||24 Jan||17 Jan||10 Jan||3 Jan||27 Dec||20 Dec||13 Dec|
|1.||Oct 16, 2021:||Music Casserole (rebroadcast from Dec 19, 2015) |
Global Warming, Voodoo Doll
|4.||Jan 15, 2016:||Time Traveler |
|2.||Jan 27, 2016:||funk to fiddle |
Guess How I Know
|5.||Jan 09, 2016:||Mix Tape |
Guess How I Know
|3.||Jan 19, 2016:||a strange pursuit |
|6.||Dec 30, 2015:||Music Casserole |
This is the third full length solo record from John Grant, formerly a member of The|
Czars. His music is dark, and quirky, and sometimes makes you uncomfortable to
listen to. It ranges from spoken word, to sort of electronic…I would say that John
Grant is definitely and acquired taste, but he is consistent in his weirdness, and the
album grows on me every time I listen. RIYL: WEEN, Father John Misty.
FCCs: 2, 3, 13
Favorite Tracks: 4, 6, 7, 8
1. (1:37) Intro - “Love is patient, love is kind…” in many languages.
2. FCC FUCK (5:30) Grey Tickles, Black Pressure - Awesome song, but you cant play it…”but there are children who have cancer, so all bets are off, ‘cus I can’t compete with that”
3. FCC (?) ASS (4:12) Snug Slacks - This one is super weird…guitar groove and all kinds of vocal effects. Not my favorite.
4. (3:34) Guess How I Know - Really like this one, great melody, cool guitar distortion on the chorus.
5. (3:26) You & Him - This is a song about “you and hitler.”
6. (4:09) Down Here - Another one of my favorites, strummy guitar, good melody, great John Grant doom filled story.
7. (3:07) Voodoo Doll - I feel like this could be off of Ween’s Chocolate and Cheese…and I kind of love it. Super weird, lots of synth, lots of transitions.
8. (4:05) Global Warming - This is another gem, all of the sarcasm. “All I’ve got are first world problems, guess I gotta get me some of the third world kind….”
9. (5:03) Magma Arrives - Solid track, less weird…kind of.
10. (4:48) Black Blizzard - Electronic, tons of synth, about blizzards and chicken gizzards, and the devil.
11. (4:55) Disappointing - Another super synthy track.
12. (6:09) No More Tangles - Mid tempo, less synth, more of the same.
13. FCC SHIT (6:22) Geraldine - Another favorite, but not playable.
14. (0:30) Outro - Same as the intro, but with a child saying the same thing.