|Basile, John / Penny Lane|
|Add Date:||2015-11-01||Pull Date:||2016-01-03||Charts:||Jazz|
|Week Ending:||20 Dec||13 Dec|
|1.||Dec 14, 2015:||12-14-2015 |
Norwegian Wood, Here There And Everywhere
|2.||Dec 09, 2015:||12-9-2015 |
I Want To Hold Your Hand, Penny Lane, Eleanor Rigby
John Basile’s new jazz album “Penny Lane,” pays homage to the iconic tunes of The Beatles with a twist of jazz. Basile faces human tendency or proclivity to go back and compare his version to the Fab Four’s original sounds.That is the challenge Basile faces in this album and some of his interpretations work very well.|
Play any track.
1. Eleabor Rigby - an interesting take by Basile on his guitar.
2. A Fool On The Hill - slow.
3. Penny Lane - maintains the original soul & Basile adds his own guitar twist.
4. And I love Her - when he plays the opening chords, you start humming the opening lines of the song. Works.
5. A Day In Her Life - slow.
6. While My Guitar Gently Weeps-a bit on the mellow side with that East Coast cool jazz sound. Or,wait is that the West Coast cool jazz sound? You know what I mean, right?
7. Here There And Everywhere - slow and mellow.
8. I Want To Hold Your Hand - mixed reaction. I was waiting for the upbeat Beatles tune, but this one is a bit on the mellow side.
9. Funky opening chords of Can’t Buy Me Love. Kind of works.
10. Basile infuses Norwegian Woods with his own cool jazz flavor.
11. Lovely and mellow version of My Life by Basile.
Kamla Oct, 2015
|1.||Eleanor Rigby||6.||While My Guitar Gently Weeps|
|2.||A Fool On The Hill||7.||Here There And Everywhere|
|3.||Penny Lane||8.||I Want To Hold Your Hand|
|4.||And I Love Her||9.||Can't Buy Me Love|
|5.||A Day In The Life||10.||Norwegian Wood|
|11.||In My Life|