|Holtje, Steve / A Man Full Of Days|
|Album:||A Man Full Of Days||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2015-11-15||Pull Date:||2016-01-17||Charts:||Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||17 Jan||10 Jan||3 Jan||27 Dec||20 Dec||13 Dec||6 Dec||29 Nov|
|1.||Oct 23, 2021:||Music Casserole (rebroadcast from Dec 20, 2015) |
Man Dance 1
|4.||Jan 09, 2016:||Narnia |
Man Dance 1
|2.||Oct 09, 2021:||Music Casserole (rebroadcast from Dec 19, 2015) |
|5.||Jan 04, 2016:||Everything A to Z week 24 |
Hounds, Work Song, Job 34:15-16
|3.||Jan 16, 2016:||BravoMarco Variety Show |
|6.||Jan 02, 2016:||BravoMarco Variety Show |
Twilight Of The Angels
A Man Full Of Days
Reviewed by BravoMarco
2014 film soundtrack with an experimental edge. Focus on organ, piano, sound effects & general electronica manipulations. A full breakdown sheet is included with the cd. “Full of hallucinatory beauty, a nightmarish terror” is a perfect description.
All tracks are worth playing. Loving: 3,4,7,10,12,19 All Instrumentals (ex 1)
All tracks by Steve Holtje apart from: *4 & *13 by Black Crystal Fuck Wolf. Track *15 by Peckinpah & *19 by Levko Revutsky - Like: Coil, Mytrip, Deison & Mingle, Deletist
No FCC’s (Apart from the name of the artist on tracks 4 & 13)
1) Job 34: 15-16 (1.29) Organ behind a rising choir, from the New Amsterdam Singers Chambers Chorus.
2) Work Song (3.24) Quiet reflection with soft industrial drone.
3) Hounds (7.22) Pensive dark electronica. Bleak.
4) *Man Dance 1 (6.04) Haunting. Groans & beats in the backgrounds add to the occasion.
5) Jobs Wife (1.29) Peaceful organ drone.
6) Angels Dance (1.17) Similar to previous, just without the organ.
7) Gymnopedie No.4 (1.31) Soft piano with eerie background.
8) First Wound-Girl-Bandage (5.05) Expansive drone, quieter feel towards the end.
9) Hunger Artist (6.45) More delicate approach with a brooding underbelly.
10) Wound Amputation (4.19) Fuller drone sound with real menace. Tip top.
11) Bloodlick (6.00) Similar to above with added Wurlitzer theme.
12) Twilight Of The Angels (6.19) Sends droney shivers down the spine.
13) *Mercury BBQ Pit (1.30) The beat in the distance is infectious. 10min version?
14) Gymnopedie No.5 (1.20) Piano sparseness.
15) *Saudade No. 14 (5.54) Much lighter, almost breezy. Soft & calming keys.
16) Bloodjill (0.57) Frenetic piano.
17) Pondering (1.31) Mellow piano with a low whistling wind. 10mins of this….
18) Trudge - Collapse (1.34) Desolate soundscape.
19) *Theme From Zemlya (Earth) (5.57) Full of emotion. 1930’s film score “Zemlya” is featured. Ends abruptly.
20) The Weight Of Vexation (1.35) More desolation.