|Artist:||Moreno, Joyce And Kenny Werner||Added:||Nov 2015|
|Add Date:||2015-11-15||Pull Date:||2016-01-17||Charts:||Jazz|
|Week Ending:||Jan 17||Jan 10||Jan 3||Dec 20||Dec 13||Dec 6||Nov 29|
|1.||Jan 22, 2016:||Rebop
Some Other Time
|4.||Jan 08, 2016:||Rebop
|2.||Jan 20, 2016:||1-20-2016
Smile, Olha Maria
|5.||Jan 02, 2016:||Music Casserole
The Water Is Wide
|3.||Jan 15, 2016:||Rebop
The Water Is Wide
|6.||Dec 14, 2015:||12-14-2015
Choro Bandido, Smile
Solo vocals accompanied by solo jazz piano. The feeling is very relaxed and clean. Female vocals are full-bodied and velvety with minimal vibrato, and the piano is unhurried, calm, and relaxing. The individual tracks are mostly remind one of a relaxed jazz lounge atmosphere, but they get a bit of folk, more melancholy, and religious hymn feeling mixed in on some tracks. Most tracks begin with solo piano intros of up to 30 seconds before leading into vocals. Songs are either entirely in Portuguese or English.
Joyce Moreno is a celebrated Brazilian singer (and guitar player and songwriter). Kenny Werner is a long-time professional musician from Brooklyn
I don't speak Portuguese but NO FCC VIOLATIONS.
Try: Track 4, Track 13
1) 4:47 --Second Love Song: Loungy, chill, a little Sinatra-esque. Portuguese lyrics.
2) 5:22 - E O Amor Outra Vez: A little less loungey, a little more 'pretty', with an entrancing repeated major-to minor shift. Portuguese lyrics.
3) 5:23 -Olha Maria: Quite minor and melancholy, but still smooth and beautiful. Feels like a religious lament. Original song is by Antiono Carlos Jobim et al. Portuguese lyrics.
4) 5:20 -Estate: Relatively loungy feeling, lots of solo piano vamps between short vocal lines. A little more classic bossa-nova feel and new-york style jazz. Portuguese lyrics.
5) 5:09 - Mad about the Boy: A Noel Coward song. Puts you right into a Chicago or New York lounge scene. English lyrics.
6) 4:01-Velho Pano: Particularly slow and relaxed. Portuguese lyrics.
7) 4:10 -Throw it Away: A song by Abbey Lincoln. Starts with vocals accompanied only by snaps and accompaniment gets less sparse as the song progresses and picks up intensity a bit. A little faster than other tracks. English Lyrics.
8) 4:46 - Pra Dizer Adeus: Kept a little less languid than some of the other tracks by a continual piano rhythm. Portuguese lyrics.
9) 4:10 -Smile: Charlie Chaplin classic, slow and jazzy as this album does. English lyrics.
10) 4:06-Choro Bandido: Pretty dynamic vocals on top of mild piano bass. Portuguese lyrics.
11) 5:39-Some Other Time: A parting song by Leonard Bernstein and others from the musical 'On the Town'. English lyrics.
12) 4:40-Novelo: One of Moreno's own songs. Soars on occasion for more dynamism than most songs on this album. Portuguese lyrics.
13) 4:43-The Water is Wide: Scottish/traditional folk song. A little bit of that scottish folk vibe fuses with the loungey jazz feel we get on this album. English lyrics.
|1.||Second Love Song||7.||Throw It Away|
|2.||E O Amor Outra Vez||8.||Pra Dizer Adeus|
|5.||Mad About The Boy||11.||Some Other Time|
|13.||The Water Is Wide|