|Little May / For The Company|
|Album:||For The Company||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Little May||Added:||Nov 2015|
|Add Date:||2015-11-15||Pull Date:||2016-01-17|
|Week Ending:||Jan 17||Jan 10||Jan 3||Dec 27||Dec 20||Dec 13||Dec 6||Nov 29|
|1.||Mar 13, 2020:||The Token Brit |
|4.||Jun 17, 2016:||Time Traveler |
|2.||Jul 15, 2016:||Kick Out The Blues |
|5.||Jun 08, 2016:||Kick Out The Blues |
|3.||Jun 22, 2016:||Kick Out The Blues |
|6.||May 11, 2016:||Kick Out The Blues |
I reviewed this band’s debut EP a while back, awesome awesome three piece indie folk band, Little May, from Sydney Australia. Love this. They call themselves "ghost folk.” While that was true on the EP, they really show a range of talents on this record. The instrumentation is great and super interesting, the vocals are hauntingly beautiful. Take a listen and see for yourself! RIYL: Sharon Van Etten, First Aid Kit, PHOX, Basia Bulat, The Head and The Heart and Daughter.|
Recommended Tracks: 2, 3, **5**, **6**, **7**, **11**… and really all of the rest…
1. (3:53) Cicadas - Mid-tempo, beautiful guitar, distant strings, mellow vocals, great track.
2. (4:11) Sold - Uptempo, remind me a lot of The Head and The Heart, more percussion, but still really easy going and beautiful.
3. (3:39) Home - This one feels a little more plugged in pop/rock but again very calm and very pretty. Mid tempo, great melody, great chorus build.
4. (3:52) Oh My My - This one feels almost bluesy in the instrumentation, piano and percussion dominated, dark and distant vocals.
5. **(4:18) Bow & Arrow - This is maybe my favorite, lots of layers, beautiful story in the lyrics, urgent and calm, her voice is incredibly soothing.
6. **(3:42) Seven Hours - Mid-tempo and minimal, another great track, you really cant go wrong on this record. Great build at the chorus, love this one.
7. **(3:28) Chemicals - This is another killer song, these guys are great song writers, and all of them are extremely talented, all of the layers are great.
8. (3:43) Sinks - Slightly (very slightly) faster tempo, more of the same greatness.
9. (3:15) Remind Me - Faster paced rock vibe, cool contrast to the rest of the record.
10. (2:57) Where Do You Sleep - Mid tempo, another one where the vocals are dark and creepy, another excellent melody.
11. *** (3:44) The Shine Is Brighter At Night - Beautiful piano track, love love love.
12. (3:34) Hide (Remastered) [Bonus Track] - I am pretty sure this one was on the EP? It is really awesome, the dynamics of the track are incredible.
13. (3:21) Boardwalks (Remastered) [Bonus Track] - Intricate guitar, beautiful vox.
|4.||Oh My My||10.||Where Do You Sleep|
|5.||Bow And Arrow||11.||The Shin Is Brighter At Night|