|Add Date:||2015-12-13||Pull Date:||2016-02-14|
|Week Ending:||Feb 14||Feb 7||Jan 31||Jan 24||Jan 17||Jan 10||Jan 3||Dec 27|
|1.||Dec 02, 2023:||Music Casserole
|4.||Apr 11, 2023:||Alien Hour
|2.||Oct 31, 2023:||Phone Scam
Kill V. Maim
|5.||Feb 15, 2023:||The Mystery Machine
Flesh Without Blood, Realiti
|3.||Jul 11, 2023:||The Mystery Machine
Flesh Without Blood
|6.||Jan 30, 2023:||Pest Control
Kill V. Maim
RIYL Purity Ring, Braids, FKA Twigs, Rhye, Still Corners
Favorites: 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10
1. (1:48) laughing and not being normal - Starts off with clamoring keys and urgent strings, gradually builds in grandness. Grimes’ ethereal voice comes in halfway.
2. (3:18) California - Solid feel-good pop song about that most-hallowed-in-song US state. Sounds like an especially sugary mix of Braids, Purity Ring, and the Bilinda Butchers.
3. (2:20) SCREAM (feat. Aristophanes) - Sounds like Yelle. Repetitive electric guitar line and distortion. Grimes at her most experimental yet.
**4. (4:25) Flesh Without Blood - Suuuuch a jam. Great pop song with cool synths and vocal variation. Chorus is ridiculously anthemic and memorable. Has some interesting instrumental variations and fade ins/outs.
*5. (3:26) Belly of the Beat - Softer. Gentle acoustic guitar and propulsive drumming. Angelic vocals about ideal love. The sonic lovechild of Tamaryn and Still Corners.
*6. (4:06) Kill V. Maim - Another jam. Driving chorus and drums. Softer, sweeter bridge that gradually builds in intensity until the song's breakdown and epic outro.
*7. (4:07) Artangels - Jam a la ‘80s pop song. Strong Blondie vibes. Recurring short, piercing guitar line. Features a lot of different vocal styles.
8. (3:03) Easily - Piano ballad, vocals are the focus. Gentle yet punchy drums come in a minute in. Works in a variety of dreamy, ethereal sounds and a subtle, propulsive bass line.
*9. (3:32) Pin - Fast, anthemic. Heavy on the synths and electric guitar. Drumming is incredibly driving starting around 2:00. Dreamy in a more aggressive way.
**10. (5:07) Realiti - Among the best jams and vocal deliveries on the album. Synths, breathy vocals. Possibly the best chorus on the album, due to a subtle keyboard pattern, ominous synths, and the way all the sounds keep layering in lushness.
11. (5:06) World Princess part II - Vocals are very Purity Ring. A lot of weird sonic transitions and dramatic changes that come off as haphazard.
12. (3:46) Venus Fly (feat. Janelle Monae) - Starts off sugary, then some extremely aggressive and confusingly-transitioned drumming persists starting a minute in. Kind of an assault on the ears.
13. (1:28) Life in the Vivid Dream - Elegiac ballad.
14. (4:13) Butterfly - Synthy. The part from 2:33 to 4:00 evokes dreams and some features of Realiti.
15. REALiTi (Demo) - Starts out with light drumming and clapping, then some light synths. Vocals don’t particularly stand out. Not an awesome jam like the studio version. Like an easy listening Slowdive.
|1.||Laughing And Not Being Normal||8.||Easily|
|3.||Scream (Feat. Aristophanes)||10.||Realiti|
|4.||Flesh Without Blood||11.||World Princess, Pt. Ii|
|5.||Belly Of The Beat||12.||Venus Fly (Feat. Janelle Monáe)|
|6.||Kill V. Maim||13.||Life In The Vivid Dream|