|St. Germain / St. Germain|
|Add Date:||2016-01-25||Pull Date:||2016-03-27||Charts:||Jazz|
|Week Ending:||13 Mar||6 Mar||21 Feb||14 Feb||7 Feb||31 Jan|
|1.||Apr 21, 2016:||The Intercept |
|4.||Feb 20, 2016:||Music Casserole |
|2.||Mar 11, 2016:||Moonlight Impressions |
|5.||Feb 18, 2016:||Wispr Times |
Real Blues, Voila
|3.||Mar 04, 2016:||Moonlight Impressions |
How Dare You
|6.||Feb 11, 2016:||Wispr Times |
St. Germain, a.k.a. Ludovic Navarre, is back after a 15-year hiatus with this self-titled album. The looping, electronica-influenced tracks are calm, soothing, jazzy, smooth. Navarre collaborated with Malian artist Guimba Kouyate, giving the record a distinctive Malian/African feel. Elements of samba also creep in. RIYL Amadou and Mariam, Cinematic Orchestra. Recommended Tracks: 1, 2, 3, 6. No FCCs.|
1. (5:17) Soulful male vocals, upbeat acoustic guitar, groovy percussion.
2. (6:24) Smooth clubby groove featuring female vocals.
3. (7:06) Jazzy drums, piano, guitar. Instrumental head-bobber.
4. (6:31) Twangy guitar with female vocals.
5. (7:55) Piano, sax, twinkly. Most traditional jazz-lounge sounding track. Male vocals. Nice long dancey groove.
6. (6:44) English/Malian male vocals. Bluesy. Twangy guitar.
7. (5:22) Breezy instrumental featuring guitar, drums, keys.
8. (5:45) Plucky guitar with a heavy beat that gently carries you away.
|1.||Real Blues||5.||Family Tree|
|2.||Sittin' Here||6.||How Dare You|
|3.||Hanky Panky||7.||Mary L.|
|4.||Voila||8.||Forget Me Not|