Senegalese superstar Baaba Maal, with another addition to his already impressive catalogue. Guest artists include Johan Huho (The Very Best) Winston Marshall (Mumford & Sons) & Lemn Sissay. Blending traditional Senegalese instruments & tempo with Western electro / bluesy influences. Good sampling of the joyous rhythms from West Africa. Similar to: Bibi Tanga, Tinariwen
Like: 2,4.9 Loving: 1,7
No Detectable FCC’s
1) Fulani Rock (4.44) Fast paced driving energy. You feel the passion.
2) Gilli Men (4.59) Slower paced & full of atmosphere. Guitars & percussion in perfect harmony.
3) One Day(3.56) A sweeter voice is the highlight of this mid paced journey.
4) Kalaajo (4.35) Mellow sounds & textures take you far away. A familiar pitter-pat sound that never gets old.
5) Lampenda (3.45) Slow start leading to an upbeat standard Afro pop track.
6) Traveller (4.07) Intricate & soft with female backing-Gets worked up after 2 minutes, high-spirited sounds.
7) Jam Jam (4.28) Anthem feel from the outset – Rich & so full of goodness.
8) War (4.11) UK author & broadcaster Lemn Sissay takes the lead with this spoken word tale – Tells a story – It is busy over the tribal beats.
9) Peace (6.25) Lemn Sissay with Baaba Maal on vocals in-between the spoken word. Slower paced & with extra spice.