|Album:||A Coliseum Complex Museum||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Besnard Lakes, The||Added:||Jan 2016|
|Add Date:||2016-02-14||Pull Date:||2016-04-17|
|Week Ending:||Apr 17||Apr 3||Mar 27||Mar 20||Mar 13||Mar 6||Feb 28||Feb 21|
|1.||Feb 07, 2017:||satin fever
|4.||Mar 26, 2016:||Mix Tape: The Legacy Lives On
Pressure Of Our Plans
|2.||Apr 10, 2016:||K-Area
The Bray Road Beast
|5.||Mar 17, 2016:||Life Aquatic
|3.||Mar 31, 2016:||radio seven
The Bray Road Beast
|6.||Mar 16, 2016:||The Snotty The Kitten Show
RIYL Broken Social Scene, Wolf Parade, Destroyer, Elephant 6 collective
Favorites: 1, 2, 3, 6, 7
1. (5:30) ***The Bray Road Beast - Dreamy vocals, initial gentle pulsing beat, lightly buzzing and shuffling synths. Explodes at 1:51 into heavier percussion and electric guitar. Soaring, celestial anthem by the end.
2. (3:48) *****Golden Lion - Post-punk main guitar line. Ominous interplay between repetitive guitar line and vocals. Very driving chorus.
3. (5:22) *Pressure of Our Plans - Anchored by a deep green bassline. Gold, ethereal, warm synths. First half is more of a slow-burner about restless love. Second half gradually builds until its victorious closing with some searing electric guitar.
4. (4:28) Towers Sent Her to Sheets of Sound - Warped, orange synths and drawn out vocals. Outer space-y. Steady bassline that grooves.
5. (4:26) The Plain Moon - Alternates between funk+industrial guitars and synthpop. Guitar line comes in occasionally, heavy and reminiscent of classic rock.
6. (3:40) *Necronomicon - Floats in the ether with some steady, whistling synths and drumming. Reminds me of the feeling I get when listening to Modest Mouse’s “Blame It on the Tetons”. The soundtrack for cruising down a highway just as dawn breaks.
7. (5:09) ***Nightingale - Sensing inspiration from Low. Mid-tempo, mournful. Gorgeous, especially prominent instrumentation. Silver synths at 2:56. Nice dose of chiming slide guitar enters in at 4:02.
8. (6:13) Tungsten 4: The Refugee - Future Islands-esque synths to start. Steady, motorik propulsion and an instrumental breakdown from 3:40 to the end. A guitar lover’s paradise.
|1.||The Bray Road Beast||5.||The Plain Moon|
|3.||Pressure Of Our Plans||7.||Nightingale|
|4.||Towers Sent Her To Sheets Of Sound||8.||Tungsten 4 - The Refugee|