|Petite Noir / King Of Anxiety, The|
|Album:||King Of Anxiety, The||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Double Six Records|
|Add Date:||2016-04-03||Pull Date:||2016-06-05|
|Week Ending:||29 May||22 May||15 May||8 May||24 Apr||17 Apr||10 Apr|
|1.||Thu, 26 May 16:||Shay Z|
All Passion No Technique
|4.||Wed, 11 May 16:||The Twisted Kid|
|2.||Wed, 18 May 16:||DJ Postnatal|
I Like to Dance: Shake Off Your Pants!
|5.||Wed, 04 May 16:||Jon Cousins|
Kick Out The Blues
|3.||Sat, 14 May 16:||Chelsea|
|6.||Fri, 22 Apr 16:||DJ Teddy Tesla|
Wonderful, warm vocals and lyrics over groovy electronica, guitar, and drum beats. Petite Noir, a.k.a. Yannick Ilunga, is a “half-Congolese, half-Angolan, Cape Town-residing” musician with an amazingly smooth, soothing voice. He calls his genre “Noirwave,” which sounds apt to me. The melodies of the mostly love songs on this EP are varied and intriguing. PLAY!|
RIYL Hercules and Love Affair, TV on the Radio
FCC on track 2!
Recommended tracks: 1, 3
1. (5:04) Call-and-response singing with a twangy, foot-tapping beat.
2. (6:30) FCC!: “shit.” Gentle electric guitar ballad that builds really nicely.
3. (3:57) Emotional ending to a bittersweet falsetto love song.
4. (4:05) Tambourine beat with guitar breaks at the chorus, which swells, then ends softly.
5. (3:19) Another heartfelt love song, but a little bit slower than the other tracks.
|2.||Chess||4.||Till We Ghosts|