|Strokes, The / Strokes, The|
|1.||Mar 04, 2020:||grapevine |
The Modern Age
|4.||Jan 17, 2020:||PWR Alto Power Hour |
Hard To Explain
|2.||Feb 26, 2020:||grapevine |
Take It Or Leave It
|5.||Oct 03, 2019:||organic fruit tracks |
|3.||Jan 29, 2020:||grapevine |
Is This It
|6.||Jun 05, 2019:||The Library |
Easily the greatest album released by The Strokes. Filled with consistently faded and chill rock. A little bit too consistent for those looking for variety, but some variety with tempo and volume.|
Related Artists: Interpol, Franz Ferdinand, Cage the Elephant, The White Stripes
Favorites: 1, 4, 5, 7, 11
1. (2:31) ***** Is This It – The simplicity of this song cannot be understated, from the drums to the alternating guitar to the groovy bass, wrapped up in a somber song of delight.
2. (3:28) **** The Modern Age – Upbeat with a sick guitar solo and a lot of low tom action. A shift up in octave for the louder verses and a nice ride cymbal accompanied with rhythmic strums for the chorus.
3. (2:33) **** Soma – Medium tempo, a shift in octave with accompanying guitar picking, with a classic 4 big rock note bridge and intro.
4. (3:54) ***** Barely Legal – Rhythmic verses with sick riffs and an iconic pre-chorus. May cause shivers. Chorus does not disappoint either.
5. (3:03) ***** Someday – The classic drum beat that shifts between hi hat and ride, rhythm guitar, and lead that define this band. Upbeat, and up anyone’s alley.
6. (3:08) *** Alone, Together – Interesting riffs with simple vocals and drums. Less noteworthy than the others, but still chill nonetheless.
7. (3:13) ***** Last Night – The classic buildup with each instrument getting an introduction, culminating in a dance party-esque chorus, with another buildup pre-chorus. Oh, and a sweet skillful guitar solo.
8. (3:44) **** Hard To Explain – Unique hit hat intensity with a consistent beat and layered guitar throughout, with the--you guessed it—ride chorus.
9. (2:55) **** When It Started – A bit less faded than the rest, with more complex beats and layering. Definitely unique, but sort of uneventful.
10. (3:23) *** Trying Your Luck – The most consistently somber song of the album besides track 1. Less noteworthy than track 1, unfortunately.
11. (3:16) ***** Take It Or Leave It – That chorus though. Classic hit-hat to ride and layered surrounding areas too. A good way to finish off this classic album.
|1.||Is This It||6.||Alone, Together|
|2.||The Modern Age||7.||Last Night|
|3.||Soma||8.||Hard To Explain|
|4.||Barely Legal||9.||When It Started|
|5.||Someday||10.||Trying Your Luck|
|11.||Take It Or Leave It|