Electric guitar, synths, and vocoder are the name of this band’s game. Spacey sound effects complement many of the tracks. All male vocals. The second half of the album is markedly better than the first, so skip around.
RIYL Crystal Castles, Neon Indian, Late of the Pier
Recommended tracks: 5, 6, 8
1. (4:07) Twinkly beat with kind of boring vocals about dancing.
2. (4:35) Silly spoken word leads to cowbell, girl shouting, and electric guitar.
3. (0:28) Weird guitar interlude.
4. (4:04) Fun with autotune, synths, guitars, and drums. Flows directly into following track.
5. (3:29) Spacey autotune with a xylophoney, synthy beat that ends with a huge rock-out.
6. (4:08) Catchy electric guitar with a cosmic computer sound in the background.
7. (0:56) Industrial interlude. RIYL Amon Tobin, Linkin Park’s “Reanimation” album (no shame).
8. (5:30) Trippy rocking out with distorted vocals.
9. (3:47) Extended guitar ballad with dancey drums.
10. (3:34) Inoffensive, fun, nothing special.