|Daughter / Not To Disappear|
|Album:||Not To Disappear||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2016-02-02||Pull Date:||2016-04-02|
|Week Ending:||3 Apr||27 Mar||20 Mar||13 Mar||6 Mar||28 Feb||21 Feb||14 Feb|
|1.||Wed, 08 Jun 16:||Jon Cousins|
Kick Out The Blues
|4.||Sat, 02 Apr 16:||Eme O|
|2.||Wed, 04 May 16:||Jon Cousins|
Kick Out The Blues
|5.||Sat, 26 Mar 16:||Victoria|
Mix Tape: The Legacy Lives On
|3.||Sat, 02 Apr 16:||Hervey Okkles|
Buford J. Sharkley Presents: As Told to Hervey Okkles
|6.||Fri, 25 Mar 16:||Francis D|
Genre: catharsis, indie rock, introversion|
Outsized, emotional indie rock. Each song works its way into a soaring climax that really hits the spot when you’re in the mood for that kind of thing. Dour and a little predictable, BUT manages to sidestep a lot of the cheesiness that hampers this genre. The soundtrack to rainy nights pining after a crush.
Others: The Antlers, Wolf Alice, Hundred Waters, Chelsea Wolfe, Local Natives, Beach House
Favorites: 8, 4, 2, 9, 10, 5, 1. FCC: 7.
1. (5:26) * New Ways - Hazy, moody opening. Loads of delay on the drums. A searing guitar melody rips through the song’s calm exterior. Angsty, searching.
2. (4:17) *** Numbers - Slow attack synth accompanied by a subdued bass melody. Surges into the chorus and some rapid, agile drumming kicks into. “I feel numb”.
3. (5:15) Doing The Right Thing - Steady beat. Begins soft and mid-tempo. A touching, sad song about the loss of memory.
4. (4:27) *** How - Great hook. Filled to the brim with raw emotion. Bursting, bright climaxes. Favorite track?
5. (5:22) * Mothers - Minimal intro, mainly just voice. Sung from the perspective of a mother. Twitchy beat comes in halfway through. Becomes crashing, swirling. Melancholy outro….pretty awesome transition into the next track. play together???
6. (4:34) * Alone/With You - Twinkling bells. 4/4 dance feel but lathered in gloom and introspection. Subtle shift midway through, shuddering backdrop. Cool builds.
7. (2:53) No Care - FCC. Whoa what the fuck suddenly really uptempo. Super quick singing, interesting side to see considering so many of the other songs maintain the same mood.
8. (4:17) *** To Belong - Dreamy guitars, beautiful piano embellishment. Mournful, heart-on-your-sleeve vocals. Really cool bridge.
9. (6:47) *** Fossa - Aleatory, shifting textures. Interesting effect on the vocals. Interesting structure and transitions (moves around from driving to lurching to beatless). Big instrumental outro that feels like a full album climax.
10. (3:53) * Made of Stone - Toned down ballad. Subtle, rolling drums. Cool cooing in the last third. Almost a Chelsea Wolfe vibe.
|1.||New Ways||6.||Alone/With You|
|3.||Doing The Right Thing||8.||To Belong|
|5.||Mothers||10.||Made Of Stone|