|King, Marcus Band / Soul Insight|
|Album:||Soul Insight||Collection:||Out for Review|
|Artist:||King, Marcus Band||Added:||02/2016|
|Label:||Feel Music, Inc.|
|Add Date:||2016-02-21||Pull Date:||2016-04-24|
|Week Ending:||24 Apr||3 Apr||27 Mar||13 Mar||6 Mar||28 Feb|
|1.||Jun 18, 2019:||That's not Bluegrass |
|4.||Mar 24, 2016:||In The Year One Thousand, Eight Thousand [W16I] |
|2.||Apr 18, 2016:||Everything A to Z week 39 |
|5.||Mar 09, 2016:||funk to fiddle |
|3.||Mar 30, 2016:||funk to fiddle |
|6.||Mar 05, 2016:||The Snotty The Kitten Show |
This nineteen-year-old makes his debut with an excellent band behind him. Sharing a label with Warren Haynes, King attempts to emulate him. His vocal performance and lyricism is unimpressive, but the guy can sure play guitar. Drums is also a highlight. There’s promise here. |
RIYL early Galactic, Lettuce, Warren Haynes, Soulive. No FCC issues.
1. (4:11) **** Full-bodied rocker with a killer guitar solo.
2. (5:29) **** Blues rock. A little organ, a lot of soul.
3. (5:20) *** Fast-paced, frantic intro with crowd noise sampling. Free-form guitar ramble. RIYL Allman Brothers.
4. (4:18) *** Heavy organ, instrumentation behind him could be Soulive.
5. (2:17) *** Jazz flute, Greyboy Allstars feel. Long fade in and out.
6. (4:47) ** Plays to his weaknesses here.
7. (4:41) **** Quite the intro here. Rocker w/strong organ.
8. (5:48) **** Quiet intro. Slow blues crawl.
9. (4:24) ** Noisy funky-rock-jam like Lettuce.
10. (5:09) *** Slow and soulful.
11. (4:59) *** Super noisy rocker. I enjoyed some of the organ play here.
12. (4:36) * Starts with a short outdoor sample. Acoustic. Tries for a soft Tedeschi-style love song.
|3.||Fraudulent Waffle||9.||Booty Stank|
|5.||Dave's Apparition||11.||Keep Moving|
|6.||Everything||12.||I Won't Be Here|