|Jaimeo Brown Transcendence / Work Songs|
|Album:||Work Songs||Collection:||Out for Review|
|Artist:||Jaimeo Brown Transcendence||Added:||02/2016|
|Add Date:||2016-02-08||Pull Date:||2016-04-10|
|Week Ending:||20 Mar||13 Mar||6 Mar||21 Feb||14 Feb|
|1.||Mar 19, 2016:||Music Casserole |
|4.||Feb 16, 2016:||a strange pursuit |
|2.||Mar 11, 2016:||Celtic by Caronis |
|5.||Feb 16, 2016:||The Library (Better than Automation) |
Be So Glad
|3.||Mar 03, 2016:||Melange |
|6.||Feb 13, 2016:||BravoMarco Variety Show |
Jaimeo Brown Transcendence|
Reviewed by BravoMarco
A collection of work, prison & folk songs from around the world, all given the jazzed-up treatment. Bold release. These originals are so strong in their own right; it’s not an easy task. Sometimes the music, maybe, overpowers them. Accomplished artists are featured so the sounds are mighty fine. Something for everyone on here. The stories behind the tracks & messages are meant to raise awareness for workers & the forgotten – through their music. It will certainly get a new audience for the splendor of the Alan Lomax / Smithsonian collections.
Similar to: Carter Burwell, Greg Hale Jones, Trevor Jones – Courtney Pine, Avishai Cohen
Liking the most: 2,6,10
1) Hidden Angel (4.58) Glorious backing underneath the jazz soundtrack. Mellow sax leads the way.
2) Mississippi (4.16) Hard rockin’ bluesy tune. Harmonica driven. Lullaby samples to finish.
3) Lazarus (4.02) A classic given the drums & sax treatment. Took a few listens before I got there.
4) Safflower (5.07) Japanese folk with hip hop elements amid the smooth sax.
5) Be So Glad (5.54) Parchment Farm beauty mixed with piano & drums. Faster paced from the mid point. Slows at the end.
6) Happy Serving (4.57) Lovely wails & gospel samples under gentle sax. Trance feel.
7) 2113 (5.12) Spacey samples with a hard-edged guitar & prominent sax melody. Mid paced.
8) Moment Of Rest (2.41) Laid back chiller.
9) For Mama Lucy (5.54) Prison Song mixed up with a harder edge – goes jazzy towards the end.
10) Stonemason (3.57) Japanese traditional: Vocals & hammering in perfect alliance. Soft & delicate.
11) Paterson (2.11) Focus on percussion with a gentle hum behind (instrumental)
12) The Valley (6.14) Spoken word intro leading to an amazing work-gospel vocal samples. Music is measured at times – prominent sax.
13) (Extra Track) (0.11) Small child repeating the word “Happy”
|2.||Mississippi||8.||Moment Of Rest|
|3.||Lazarus||9.||For Mama Lucy|
|5.||Be So Glad||11.||Paterson|
|6.||Happy Serving||12.||The Valley|