|Artist:||Lanterns On The Lake||Added:||Feb 2016|
|Add Date:||2016-02-14||Pull Date:||2016-04-17|
|Week Ending:||Mar 27||Mar 20||Mar 13||Mar 6||Feb 28||Feb 21|
|1.||Mar 26, 2016:||Mix Tape: The Legacy Lives On
Send Me Home
|4.||Mar 06, 2016:||Breakaway Bluff a Tribute to Leah
I'll Stall Them
|2.||Mar 17, 2016:||Life Aquatic
|5.||Mar 06, 2016:||Meow
Of Dust & Matter
|3.||Mar 12, 2016:||Mix Tape: The Legacy Lives On
|6.||Mar 05, 2016:||Mix Tape: The Legacy Lives On
I'll Stall Them
RIYL Julia Holter, Land of Talk, Jesse Sykes & the Sweet Hereafter, Marissa Nadler
Favorites: 1, 2, 4, 7, 8
1. (5:00) *Of Dust & Matter — Slow, eerie piano and languorous vocals. Freak folk. Reminiscent of Marissa Nadler. Lyrics about being passed out on the kitchen floor. Keyboards increase in urgency and variations at 3:20.
2. (4:07) ***I’ll Stall Them — More of a groove with her voice. She sounds like the vocalist from U.S. Girls here. Strings and synths come in at the middle. Grand and orchestral in a melancholic way.
3. (5:14) Faultlines — Uptempo. Fast keyboards and rushing sounds. Urgent and motorik with the repetitiveness of the keyboards.
4. (4:09) *The Crawl — Alt-country slow-burner. Opens with a mostly instrumental electric guitar and piano intro. Shuffling drums come in at 1:30. Concludes with a softer version of the same guitar line from the beginning.
5. (2:26) Send Me Home — Elegiac piano ballad with some synths in the latter half.
6. (2:56) Through the Cellar Door — Starts off slow and explodes into fast percussion and driving electric guitar at 0:50. Alternates between quieter and louder passages, especially marked by changes in the guitar line and drums.
7. (6:26) *Beings — Aquatic keyboards. Heavy reverb and layers of ethereal sounds. Like a more cinematic Julia Holter.
8. (4:23) *Stepping Down — Heavy, dreamy ambience punctuated by a repetitive synth melody. Eerie.
9. (4:35) Stuck for an Outline — Midtempo. Nice chiming guitars and some strings. Grows in restlessness until the end.
10. (1:52) Inkblot — Instrumental track.
|1.||Of Dust & Matter||6.||Through The Cellar Door|
|2.||I'll Stall Them||7.||Beings|
|4.||The Crawl||9.||Stuck For An Outline|
|5.||Send Me Home||10.||Inkblot|