|Car Seat Headrest / Teens Of Style|
|Add Date:||2016-02-14|| ||Pull Date:||2016-04-17|| |
|Week Ending:||17 Apr||10 Apr||3 Apr||27 Mar||20 Mar||13 Mar||6 Mar||28 Feb|
Car Seat Headrest is headed by Will Toledo and began with him recording music in the family car in Leesburg, VA. He and the band are now based in Seattle, and this is their first release on Matador. I think this is my favorite indie rock album of 2015, sorry for the delayed adding. SO GOOD. Lots of distortion, simple instrumentation, killer melodies, and smart lyrics…what more could I want? Enjoy!! RIYL: YUCK, early Strokes…etc.|
Favorite Tracks: 1, 3, 8, 11, but you cant go wrong.
FCCs: 2 (shit), 3 (kind of, they say God Damn so use your judgement), 7 (Fuck)
1. (4:05) Sunburned Shirts - Fuzzy intro, mellow, repetitive, perfect.
2. FCC SHIT (3:57) The Drum – Love this track, even though you cant play it, steady beat, perfect amount of fuzz and another great melody.
3. (4:20) Something Soon – This is my favorite track on the record, he says “god damn” but I don’t consider that an FCC, if you do, don’t play it. This song rules, best on the record.
4. (2:50) No Passion – A little slower, as depressing as the title suggests, awesome and endearing.
5. (6:50) Times to Die – Upbeat and catchy, lots of different shifts and lots of different instruments, another great one.
6. (1:00) Psst, Teenagers, Take Off Your Clo – Fast paced strumming, extra distortion, 1 minute speedy and heavy break in the action.
7. FCC FUCK. (5:39) Strangers – Mid tempo, yet another great melody,
8. (5:58) Maud Gone - This is another favorite, another one slightly slowed down, keyboards and snaps, builds and falls, love it.
9. (6:23) Los Barrachos (I Don't Have Any Hope Left, But the Weather Is Nice) – Mid-tempo, more repetition, but another solid track.
10. (1:54) Bad Role Models, Old Idols Exhumed (Psst, Teenagers, Put Your Clothes Back On) – Great song, more of a story, short and sweet with horns.
11. (3:51) Oh! Starving – Another of the best tracks to close out the record, jumpy piano, retro vibe, harmonies, love it.