|Givers / New Kingdom|
|Add Date:||2016-03-06||Pull Date:||2016-05-08|
|Week Ending:||May 8||May 1||Apr 24||Apr 17||Apr 10||Apr 3||Mar 20||Mar 13|
|1.||Oct 16, 2017:||National Treasure |
|4.||May 11, 2016:||Kick Out The Blues |
Record High, Record Low
|2.||Jun 15, 2016:||Kick Out The Blues |
|5.||May 04, 2016:||Kick Out The Blues |
|3.||Jun 01, 2016:||Kick Out The Blues |
|6.||Apr 28, 2016:||All Passion No Technique |
Second album from Lafayette, Louisiana natives, GIVERS. Tiffany and Taylor met in music school and started playing together. They released their first record In Light, in 2011 and it continues to be one of my all time favorites. They finally release a follow up in December and, while it is not quite as good as the first record, it certainly does not disappoint and they have certainly grown as a band. Tons of great polyrhythms and super unique instrumentation, combined with their amazing vocal harmonies and stick in your head melodies, GIVERS are back and I couldn’t be happier.|
Favorites: 2, 4, 5,**7**, 9, **10**, 13
1. (1:02) Intro – Ambient intro
2. (4:26) Bermuda – Such an awesome song, mid-tempo and almost ethereal with a little bit of drum circle feel…love those GIVERS polyrhythms ☺
3. (4:30) Remember - A little heavier and more electric, another really cool song.
4. (3:58) Sure Thang - A little less electronic, a little more poppy, hand claps and guitars, characteristic harmonizing, great.
5. (5:00) Mother of Love – Mid tempo, primarily femal vox, super awesome percussion and really cool guitar effects plus an incredible melody and build into the chorus, fantastic track.
6. (5:06) Growls – Huge sound, echoey vocals, more synth, tons of layers.
7. (4:52)Blinking – Super reminiscent of the first record on this one in terms of rhythm and instrumentation and sharing of vocal time, love this one too.
8. (3:30) Record High, Record Low - Another less electronic track, super catchy hook, nothing crazy stand out, but another solid GIVERS track.
9. (4:48) Sleeper Hold – Super weird, almost creepy sample lead in, followed by super fuzzy funky base, and a very dark funky feeling track, I love it more ever time I listen to it.
10. (3:39) Shaky but True – Another great track, and great showcase of Tiffany’s voice, love that rasp and the harmonies are beautiful, I can picture her dancing and playing the floor toms in a concert for this song.
11. (4:48) Wishing Well – I could really do without this one…just kind of boring.
12. (6:00) Layback - This one builds into something really cool at the chorus, impossible not to tap your foot along to this.
13. (5:16) Lightning – Super mellow, very pretty strings.
|2.||Bermuda||8.||Record High, Record Low|
|4.||Sure Thang||10.||Shaky But True|
|5.||Mother Of Love||11.||Wishing Well|