Sevin/I’ll Wait/Hog Mob Muzik
This album is gangsta rapper Sevin's latest studio release and his FIRST album where he sings MORE than raps! Simple musicianship allows the listener to really get a feel for both his vocal abilities and his heart, this album showcases a different side of the "Christian Gangsta Rapper" - his love of the gospel and for the streets and where these two worlds intersect. Great vocals and message. NO FCC's. Fave tracks: 4, 9, 10, 12, 13, 15, 16, and my favorite at this moment is track #8.
Reviewed by Daniel of LJH.
1) 4:05 - Slow. A remixed and extended version of a worship song he performed on another rapper's album. Piano only.
2) 1:58 - SHORT SONG: Slow. Again, piano only. More of an interlude.
3) 4:04 - Med/Fast tempo. Guitar (acoustic, spanish-style), hard drums, piano. Dope production.
*4) 2:58 - Short, slow tempo. Piano (electric, synth). Tape static effect.
5) 3:55 - Slow/Med tempo. Drums, guitar, vocal effects, basic boom-bap drumkits, well-produced.
*6) 4:09 - Slow tempo. Sine effect in the beginning, heavily truncated and manipulated drumkit (almost reflective R&B style, like BlackStreet).
7) 4:20 - Med tempo. (RAP) Drums, piano melody repeated through the verse. Orchestra hits in the chorus among other effects.
**8) 3:20 - Electric guitar, jazzy drums, piano. Emotional- a song of resolve.
**9) 1:49 - Slow. Piano carries this entire song. Interlude-esque. Beautiful.
*10) 1:40 - Slow. Heavily manipulated melody and vocals giving it a more robotic musical sense.
11) 3:11 - Med tempo. Almost a dub-step feel, but muted. Autotuned. Drums and a synthesized string instrument carrying the melody. Roger & Zapp - esque.
**12) 4;21 - Slow/Med. Piano and heavily manipulated effects. Hard hitting kicks, bring out this very real topic.
*13) 3:15 - Slow. Synth string and effects. Heavy snares and hi hats with a hard kick drum. Music changes up around the 1:10 mark.
14) 2:12 - Slow. An extended version of a song he performed while here at KZSU. Electric piano carries this song.
*15) 3:45 - Slow/Med. Very R&B... then the beat drops. Drums, piano and a guitar in the way back of the mix.
**16) 5:44 - Slow. A piano, heavily manipulated. Drums. Great vocal arrangement. Love the production on this one.